If Asian Women Hit On White Dudes The Way White Dudes Hit On Asian Women

I like how huffpo twists a video about asian women having a white fetish into something racist about white men.

I do find it funny when the Asian girls have the white fetish. They apparently hate Asian men.

jmoney74 said:
I do find it funny when the Asian girls have the white fetish. They apparently hate Asian men.

Would you call that a "Twinkie" type. (No offense, I'm just guessing  ;) )

eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:

No.. twinkie means your personality is white on the inside.  These type of asian women will go after white guys at any cost.  like a trophy.  It's odd when you see an attractive white guy with unattractive asian gal... and visa versa.  Like man.. the yellow/white fever is strong!

My take on this was that especially the Asian-American women that grew up here grow up to prefer Caucasian men because of the desire to fit in with the "in" group.  In school, I think most of us want to belong with the "in" group so I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  I know the Asian population is large in schools around here but I think it still applies here too.

I say this because I grew up in Japan going to an American school where Japanese-Americans like me were by far the majority in my school during that timeframe (It's not true anymore).  We were the "in" group and I did not see girls of any race that did not like us.  And the local Japanese girls liked us since we were Americans but also looked like them but more "hip" with our long hairs.  Life was good.  :p

Then, wham, when I came to college in the U.S., I quickly realized that there was a new reality and universe.  :p  Asian-American women not liking us was one of them.

jmoney74 said:
eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:

No.. twinkie means your personality is white on the inside.  These type of asian women will go after white guys at any cost.  like a trophy.  It's odd when you see an attractive white guy with unattractive asian gal... and visa versa.  Like man.. the yellow/white fever is strong!

Banana?

Just to generalize:  Asian American girls can be broken down into two groups...ones who would only date Asian guys and ones who would never date Asian guys. 

The first group fit in more with their Asian background and have parents who expect them to date Asians.  They enjoy having a partner who understand their cultural background (music, food, etc) and cultural views. 

The second group go completely opposite...they see white guys as guys without all the cultural baggage...they're not demanding or "mama's boys".  Not to mention, white guys don't have crazy Asian mother-in-laws. 

Even within Asian culture, there are opinions.stereotypes.  Korean girls are hot but high-maintenance.  They prefer to date Chinese guys because Korean guys are seen chauvinistic and have overbearing mother-in-laws.  Chinese girls are "plainer" than Korean girls but are more "gentle".    (Again, these are stereotypes).

Also...IMO the perception of beauty between white and Asian guys are very different with respect to Asian girls.  I have often seen mixed couples where a handsome white guy dates Asian girls who I consider to be "plain."  There are some articles about how white guys look for Asian girls with "exotic" features while Asian guys don't.  Of course there are exceptions...two of the most attractive Asian women I know married non-Asian guys.

Finally, the lines between races are blurring, especially in a place like Irvine.  Mixed couples are going to be norm in the next 10-15 years.

I don't really care. It doesn't bother me. There's always something like this in every culture. BUT don't complain to me and say, "Oh he just doesn't understand."

Extreme Opposite: I also hear, "So typical Asian thing to."

But what I have seen: sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work out.

Here are the major differences: food (obvious), style/fashion (Asians love fashion), culture (#asianpride), work ethic (hard core workers)

One line I always thought was funny growing up.. and maybe other asians on this board know as well... when Asians go to a place and say, "MAN SO MANY ASIANS HERE!".  UHHH, you're apart of the problem.  lol

jmoney74 said:
One line I always thought was funny growing up.. and maybe other asians on this board know as well... when Asians go to a place and say, "MAN SO MANY ASIANS HERE!".  UHHH, you're apart of the problem.  lol

Sounds like FARMIE!

Tarmacpro said:
What about white girls that hit on asian boys?  I don't see it often here but it's fairly common in the bay area.

Must be that cheddar.  They know better up there with all that silicon valley dollars going around.  Indians and Chinese be walking around like P diddy. 

Tarmacpro said:
What about white girls that hit on asian boys?  I don't see it often here but it's fairly common in the bay area.

Agreed.  Unless I see couple other topic of
<Race> Girl hit on <Race> Dude.
<Race> Dude hit on <Race> Girl
<Race> Dude hit on <Race> Dude
<Race> Girl hit on <Race> Girl
otherwise, I will consider this topic RACIST. 

:D

jmoney74 said:

or someone can say the opposite. I rather live by Asians versus ______.

If I was in some small village in Viet Nam and someone approached me asking about my heritage and expressed interest in my culture, I would be happy to have a discussion with them.  Why do people try to twist it to make it seem like a bad thing that someone wants to show that they have a more than non existent knowledge of another culture.

Guys are just trying to show that they have something in common with the girl of another race.  Obviously some guys overdo it and it could become annoying or offensive but there are extreme cases in everything. 

Coleman said:
If I was in some small village in Viet Nam and someone approached me asking about my heritage and expressed interest in my culture, I would be happy to have a discussion with them.  Why do people try to twist it to make it seem like a bad thing that someone wants to show that they have a more than non existent knowledge of another culture.

Guys are just trying to show that they have something in common with the girl of another race.  Obviously some guys overdo it and it could become annoying or offensive but there are extreme cases in everything.

Well, it's fine if you are coming from it in order to learn but most guys assume that racial stereotypes are reality and then uses them to try and "impress" girls.

The non-Asian guys I know who have Asian girlfriends or wives treat them as women first and then learn about the cultures. 

irvinehomeowner said:
What about Mexican guys and Asians girls?

#qwerxample

the qwerty i know will only married an Asian girl if she can make burrito BIG bun or BIG wonton.

btw, i think i make too many jokes about qwerty.  i should probably stop :(

Back