ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Actually the guys I talk too are well-versed in the H2 issue but couldn't pass up the basically free car. So I can imagine it's much worse for non-experts who thought it would be easy as gas fill-ups.

Real world mileage is north of 300 niles per "tank" but they don't really want to test it because of the H2 access situation (so they usually fill up at around 20% so they don't get stranded).

The Mirai is a nice car but H2 fueling infrastructure is worse than EV and you can always charge the EV at home or work or somewhere that even just has a 110v outlet.

Yeah why wouldn't I?
I don't even know why people ask this question. The purpose of a garage is to park your damn car. Not for storage. Not to use as a gym. Not a man cave. I really hate it when people living in condos don't park their car in their garage and park them on the street. Garbage day really sucks, especially now that we're forced to have 3 bins instead of 2.

I don't even know why people ask this question. The purpose of a garage is to park your damn car. Not for storage. Not to use as a gym. Not a man cave. I really hate it when people living in condos don't park their car in their garage and park them on the street. Garbage day really sucks, especially now that we're forced to have 3 bins instead of 2.
No HOA kommisar in Bluffs?

Well, I live in a larger SFH with lots of street parking. My two neighbors and the people across from me don't use their garage for cars at all.

I do use my garage for at least one car, and the other goes in the drive way.

Well, I live in a larger SFH with lots of street parking. My two neighbors and the people across from me don't use their garage for cars at all.

I do use my garage for at least one car, and the other goes in the drive way.
It's still okay in SFH communities because people can still park in their driveway if they don't park in their garage, but it really sucks in condo communities.

Ahh... I thought they went the way of the 3CWG and the big backyard? Do you have a sidewalk?
Actually, Highland has driveway too, but can't park on the streets. All communities still have sidewalk too, but Highland's sidewalk is a bit odd due to lack of curb. Essentially, it's just the same as any other older community, other than no 3CWG, and in most cases no big backyard. Except for Cielo, which have lots up to 8000 sq ft, with at least half of the homes with > 5000 sq ft lots. My lot is 5107 sq ft.

what am I going to do with the 3 car wide driveway with extra length? garbage day not an issue in my neighborhood when the streets are mostly single loaded...

what am I going to do with the 3 car wide driveway with extra length? garbage day not an issue in my neighborhood when the streets are mostly single loaded...
I didn't know you lived in a condo with a 3 car wide driveway... I said that garbage day is a big issue in condo communities where most people refuse to park their cars in their garage, therefore taking up ALL the spaces on the streets. In fact, people are now parking illegally, in spaces where there are signs saying no parking allowed. At first, when we first moved in, the security patrol car used to give parking tickets (warnings), but now they don't even do that anymore.

I didn't know you lived in a condo with a 3 car wide driveway... I said that garbage day is a big issue in condo communities where most people refuse to park their cars in their garage, therefore taking up ALL the spaces on the streets. In fact, people are now parking illegally, in spaces where there are signs saying no parking allowed. At first, when we first moved in, the security patrol car used to give parking tickets (warnings), but now they don't even do that anymore.
ok I missed the condo part. But your suffering will be over soon once you move to Cielo...it is like moving up in a social class :) and you won't miss your lowly old neighbors

ok I missed the condo part. But your suffering will be over soon once you move to Cielo...it is like moving up in a social class :) and you won't miss your lowly old neighbors
Couldn't agree more. Can't wait till we move to Cielo. 😂

When we first moved in, there were still quite a few parking spots on the street. I had to park my car on the street because we had to put the bins in the garage while we were doing landscaping. Now it seems like everyone is parking on the street instead of in their garage. Fortunately, my immediate next door neighbors park both of their cars in the garage because they were EV/plug-in and now both EVs. I would say that in the entire neighborhood, only my next door neighbors and us park both cars in the garage.

The rush to join the crowd and virtue signal purity just stepped on reality…bummer..🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂🦄🌈

Nobody Told EV Owners How Quickly They Burn Through Tires

Nobody Told EV Owners How Quickly They Burn Through Tires

It looks like a case of adoption leapfrogging education.

n case you missed it, there's been a lot of discourse surrounding electric vehicles and tires lately. Not only do EVs wear through their rubber and roads quicker because of their relatively extreme heft, but the instant power they put down also accelerates the process. Owners are shocked to learn this firsthand because, as J.D. Power reports, their daily drivers chew through tires like they're going out of style. And not only that, but many were supposedly never told this would happen.

This points to a few failings in the car buying process. Since J.D. Power's studies show that EV owners typically anticipate similar tire wear as internal combustion car owners, it shows that adoption has leapfrogged education. This can be true for both buyers and sellers at new car dealerships. For instance, all the automaker buzz about EVs tends to blind customers to the potential downsides, and salespeople may be unaware or unwilling to share what they know about differences with electric car ownership.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/nobody-told-ev-owners-how-quickly-they-burn-through-tires

We already discussed the tire wear.

It's not just EVs... my previous minivan ihomobiles also chewed through tires.

They say tires for EVs are like oil changes for ICE.

But it's also YMMV because my tires have been fine over 3+ years of use.

The tires on my wife's Leaf have a 80,000 mile warranty. At the first tire rotation, at 8000 miles, the fronts were pretty darn worn down, while the rears had a lot of meat on them. Now that they're all pretty worn, coming up on the 2nd rotation, I'll try to file a warranty claim with Costco. We'll see how they respond.

Back