ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

"Shares of the newly combined company skyrocketed 270% on the Nasdaq on their first day of trade. They opened at $22, more than double the initial price of $10, and closed at $37 apiece.

The surge propelled VinFast’s market cap above $85 billion. That’s more than Volkswagen (VLKAF) or Ford (F), which are valued at 63.9 billion euros ($69.7 billion) and $48 billion, respectively, according to Refinitiv.

The eye-popping rally, however, was based on thin trade. VinFast is still 99% owned by Vietnam’s richest man, Pham Nhat Vuong, through shares held by his other company Vingroup and other business entities, according to a regulatory filing."

"Shares of the newly combined company skyrocketed 270% on the Nasdaq on their first day of trade. They opened at $22, more than double the initial price of $10, and closed at $37 apiece.

The surge propelled VinFast’s market cap above $85 billion. That’s more than Volkswagen (VLKAF) or Ford (F), which are valued at 63.9 billion euros ($69.7 billion) and $48 billion, respectively, according to Refinitiv.

The eye-popping rally, however, was based on thin trade. VinFast is still 99% owned by Vietnam’s richest man, Pham Nhat Vuong, through shares held by his other company Vingroup and other business entities, according to a regulatory filing."
Remind me of a NJ deli value at $100 million with $30k annual revenue 😀.

Typical pump and dump bs

I'm wary of Fisker too (if anyone remembers the Fisker/Karma stuff).

They are partnered with Magna and Foxconn but then again, Foxconn was partnered with failed Lordstown.

Ocean reviews aren't bad... but time will tell.

If you really want an EV... I would stick with the ICE stalwarts if only for the support network and of course Tesla.

I'm wary of Fisker too (if anyone remembers the Fisker/Karma stuff).

They are partnered with Magna and Foxconn but then again, Foxconn was partnered with failed Lordstown.

Ocean reviews aren't bad... but time will tell.

If you really want an EV... I would stick with the ICE stalwarts if only for the support network and of course Tesla.
I’m hopeful for Rivian also as they seem to be the only other non-legacy that is ramping up production.

Yeah. Sorry... forgot Rivian. The R2 line may help as they are doing the Tesla playbook and doing the expensive ones first and following up with more affordable models. They are also focusing on the SUV format as that has a wider audience than trucks even though there is so much hype about EV trucks.

Doooomed!...🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Well, this year Rivian is expected to sell 50,000 cars for $4 billion.

And in 2028, it’s expected to sell 450,000 cars for $35 billion.

But even with almost 500,000 vehicle deliveries – 10 times what it’s expected to hit this year… Five years from now, Rivian is expected to lose $640 million.

Here’s why…

Last year, Rivian had $1.2 billion in debt. And by 2028 – a year when it’s still expected to lose $640 million – its cumulative debt is expected to be almost $8 billion.

If Rivian misses a debt payment, it will file for bankruptcy. And shareholders will get wiped out.

In 2026 and 2029, it will either come up with almost $3 billion in cash to repay bond investors… Or it will repay the debt with new stock. That will dilute shareholders and make the stock worth less.

And guess what’s likely coming in 2024 that could derail Rivian’s plans to sell 92,000 cars at an average price of $87,000 each?

A recession that the bond market says is 100% likely by no later than July 31st of next year.

Even if it’s a mild recession, it’s hard to imagine that rich people won’t pull back on $87,000 luxury land yachts when their portfolios tanked in a recessionary bear market.

https://www.widemoatresearch.com/intelligent-income-daily/rivians-biggest-losses-are-coming/

how much money are you putting on this prediction:
A recession that the bond market says is 100% likely by no later than July 31st of next year.

Just like Covid, what happens in China doesn't stay in China: :)

The EVpocalpyse has arrived!
Yes, things are going just swell in the China EV market…losing more on each sale and getting worse…bombs away!....😳🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂😂

Xpeng shares drop 7% after the Chinese electric car maker posts a record quarterly loss

· Shares of Xpeng were down more than 7% in premarket U.S. trade, as the Chinese electric car maker’s troubles continued with Friday results showing a wider-than-expected loss in the second quarter.

· The net loss was wider than the 2.7 billion yuan loss reported in the second quarter of last year. It was also the biggest quarterly loss Xpeng has posted since going public in August 2020.

Xpeng said its vehicle margin was negative 8.6% in the second quarter, compared with positive 9.1% in the same period of last year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/18/xpe...rce=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

Back