ICE or EV?

Which car(s) will you be buying next?

• ICE ICE Baby (morekaos dinosaur option)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • EV forEVa (unicorns for all)

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • PHEV (I still have range anxiety)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Hybrid (can't plug in yet)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alternative fuel (Hydrogen, vegetable oil, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
The smell of blood…reality sucks….🤷🏽‍♂️😂😂🦄🌈

'The American public is not ready': Ex-honcho at GM, Ford and Chrysler says hitting Biden's electric vehicle sales goal by 2030 'is just not going to happen'

Lutz believes there’s not enough electricity-generating infrastructure in the U.S. to support President Joe Biden’s goal of having 50% of all new vehicle sales be electric by 2030. He also believes there’s simply not enough demand.

“The regulation is way ahead of the public,” he added. “The American public is not ready for the broad adoption of electric vehicles. There are maybe 10%-12% of people who really want an electric vehicle — and that’s good — but the remainder still want internal combustion.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...31&cvid=2f465ca016bd40949fd3fa65abfe6a8b&ei=4

Prototype review of Macan EV looks like a winner. Do you have one on order yet?

I'm pretty excited for the car and it good pretty slick. I really hope that it does get over a 300 mile range. I put my name down on the list at my dealer earlier this year. I think first US delivers will be Fall/Winter 2024 so it'll be a model year 2025 car.

All too easy…🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂🦄🌈

Lucid shares fall after third-quarter EV deliveries disappoint

· Lucid’s third-quarter EV deliveries fell short of Wall Street expectations.

· The company has begun shipping partially-assembled EVs to Saudi Arabia for final assembly.

· Lucid will report earnings after the U.S. markets close on Nov. 7.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/17/lucid-lcid-q3-2023-ev-deliveries-production.html

Ford Slows Production of F-150 Trucks

Take Ford’s decision to slow production of its all-electric F-150 Lightning pickup trucks. The Wall Street Journal reported Saturday that Ford (ticker: F) was canceling a shift at its Rouge assembly complex in Dearborn, Mich.
UAW officials blamed falling sales.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ford-slows-production-of-f-150-trucks/ar-AA1ifPKD

I personally have doubts about Lucid.

I still want a Lightning but I think my truck phase was gone long ago (so no Cybertruck either).

Here is something morekaos will like:

For us, I don't really see a need for an ICE, even a PHEV. My wife says we should have something ICE because of road trips (which we rarely take) or the zompocalypse but I just don't feel the ICE hassle is worth it.

My only issue is most "affordable" EVs are small but the Kia EV9 will change that.

It’s always been my whole point about this argument. Real people are losing jobs, real people are suffering in a ridiculous attempt to chase unicorns and rainbows. As I have always said, let the market decide the rest of this is just wasteful and only benefits a few.🤷🏽‍♂️🦄🌈

I will probably keep my Prius Prime for a while, but I will NEVER go back to ICE. Since my roundtrip to work is about 11 miles, the Prius Prime is practically an EV. 😂 We don't really take road trips anymore, but if we do, the Prius Prime will do.

The dream is fading fast…🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂🦄🌈

GM to delay all-electric truck production at Michigan plant until late-2025

· General Motors said Tuesday it is delaying production of all-electric trucks at Orion Assembly in suburban Detroit until late-2025.

· GM said the change is to “better manage capital investments” and implement improvements in an effort to make the new EVs more profitable.

The delay is the latest sign of potential trouble for the ambitious, multibillion-dollar plans of traditional automakers to move to electric vehicles. Adoption of EVs, which remain costly to produce and purchase, has been slower than many expected.

EV truck craze is waning.

That's also why RIvian is focusing on the R1S over the R1T and the R2 line will have an SUV as the primary vehicle.

But I do think there is a market for cheap EV trucks. Hybrid Maverick still selling like crazy.

It's gonna reignite once the CT hits the streets.

Also Ford is looking to make an all new EV truck and supposedly Toyota has protoypted theirs.

Still a hot market... just not $100k hot like they were selling for last year.

Also, you link is a bit misleading. The Orion factory is not where the Silverado EV is being primarily built... that's at Factory Zero for GM. Orion is where the Bolts are built and those were extended a bit. Silverado EV wasn't going to be built in Orion until last 24/early 25 so this delay is only about 6-9 months.

You all need to distinguish between Truck as a fashion statement and truck as a work vehicle.

The lifted 4x4 crew cab with vanity rims isn't a work vehicle even if there is a tool box in the bed.

Better targeting Amazon, UPS, Fedex for reduced emission vehicles than the truck fashionista crowd.

If the EV truck craze is waning, maybe Ford could be bothered to cut the price on the F150 lightning? I'm still not seeing any lease deals on it: https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/f-150-lightning-reservation-ordering-discussion/391155/605
They did start offering incentives:

Back