Huntley living

Ddsballer said:
Well Huntley released the first homes along Jamboree in phase 3 or 4, some poor guy bought model three at a little over a 1 million, with no upgrades, once the new home hype wore off, model 3  was like at 982k but couldn't sell, so they added significant upgrades and a 25k toward closing and upgrade incentives to start moving these homes.  After these incentives and 50k price drop then these homes starting moving , however most people just put a deposit down and have not fully committed to these homes just yet.... 

so there could be more price drops, if buyers start backing out along Jamboree side once they begin to carefully consider  the noise and the "great wall" backyard.

might want to look at Eastwood village better location albiet you have to pay a little more being in Irvine, or if your intent on a bigger size house , CRESSA IN PS  would be the most comparable to HUNTLEY in price at least , with a quieter location .
This could be bad memory, but I specifically remember plan 3 starting at like 950 on phase 1 and I remember being on the top of the list thinking when I was walking out there that I was going to buy and be happy...than I realized the one at 950 was on a 6K sq ft lot backing jamboree and the ones that didn't back jamboree were on 4K lots at just north of $1M and at that price point, while I liked the floor plans, I wasn't ready to make the jump (with unknown school situation, etc at the time). 

I always had a hard time visually getting over being that close to jamboree and concerns that I would look out of my house at, for lack of a better word, freeway. Same reason I never was able to buy in Quintana despite those being priced pretty aggressively a while back. 

I would second the recommendation for Cressa. Nice size home...lower MR and in Irvine. Closer to the dump sure, but not backing a giant road (and the floorplans are really nice). 

Bullsback said:
Ddsballer said:
Well Huntley released the first homes along Jamboree in phase 3 or 4, some poor guy bought model three at a little over a 1 million, with no upgrades, once the new home hype wore off, model 3  was like at 982k but couldn't sell, so they added significant upgrades and a 25k toward closing and upgrade incentives to start moving these homes.  After these incentives and 50k price drop then these homes starting moving , however most people just put a deposit down and have not fully committed to these homes just yet.... 

so there could be more price drops, if buyers start backing out along Jamboree side once they begin to carefully consider  the noise and the "great wall" backyard.

might want to look at Eastwood village better location albiet you have to pay a little more being in Irvine, or if your intent on a bigger size house , CRESSA IN PS  would be the most comparable to HUNTLEY in price at least , with a quieter location .
This could be bad memory, but I specifically remember plan 3 starting at like 950 on phase 1 and I remember being on the top of the list thinking when I was walking out there that I was going to buy and be happy...than I realized the one at 950 was on a 6K sq ft lot backing jamboree and the ones that didn't back jamboree were on 4K lots at just north of $1M and at that price point, while I liked the floor plans, I wasn't ready to make the jump (with unknown school situation, etc at the time). 

I always had a hard time visually getting over being that close to jamboree and concerns that I would look out of my house at, for lack of a better word, freeway. Same reason I never was able to buy in Quintana despite those being priced pretty aggressively a while back. 

I would second the recommendation for Cressa. Nice size home...lower MR and in Irvine. Closer to the dump sure, but not backing a giant road (and the floorplans are really nice).

Cressa also has portola springs road being built later... But it aint got nothing on Jamboree.

jmoney74 said:
Bullsback said:
Ddsballer said:

Cressa also has portola springs road being built later... But it aint got nothing on Jamboree.
Not sure what's worse for resale, busy road in back yard or being in PS. The poor saps who bought Las Colinas, Serra, etc in 2008 are still underwater.  Probably worst performance of any recent Irvine development.

It has been a while since I went to the Costco at the District.  I was merging onto Jamboree over the weekend (to head to the 5) and was caught off guard how close the houses appeared from where I was.  Once I got onto Jamboree, I counted...8 lanes of traffic.  I think if you're having doubts now, it will always be a gnawing feeling in the back of your mind.  The Huntley layouts are nice, but I personally wouldn't want to have Jamboree behind my wall.

Happiness said:
jmoney74 said:
Bullsback said:
Ddsballer said:

Not sure what's worse for resale, busy road in back yard or being in PS. The poor saps who bought Las Colinas, Serra, etc in 2008 are still underwater.  Probably worst performance of any recent Irvine development.
IUSD wins

I actually like one of the las colinas floor plans

went back one more time this evening and cancelled our reservation. Off to quieter pastures. thanks everyone

Logan said:
went back one more time this evening and cancelled our reservation. Off to quieter pastures. thanks everyone

The sales office is probably kicking themselves for giving you a week to decide.  I bet if they gave you the typical 4 hours and said there was a waiting list you would have bought on the spot.

Time for the builder to hire some Huntley shills to post on TI.  ;D

Ddsballer said:
The freeway will deter people from buying the home if you ever decide to sell.  Jamboree has become quite busy street with the district , have you seen what costco and  shopping areas looks like on weekends?  That street will only become busier and hence noisier .

Especially being in tustin , harder to sell.  I just sold my irvine home near the freeway and all the feedback response was freeway was a deterrent and inhad over 100 viewings all saying the same thing freeway noise . The only saving grace was mine was single family home, still sold about 100k below what 2300 sq ft homes self for in irvine.  You can look up my sold property, 17 orangetip.  The only reason it sold was I was  in irvine and a Chinese buyer paid all cash bc they were near stores like ranch 99 nearby.

So after that experience I told myself would only buy an interior lots away from traffic

But if you don't plan to sell I guess it's an option

you were across the street too - not backing in.  I guess the 5 is different beast compared to jamboree

I live in Greenwood, but not in Huntley and therefore away from Jamboree.  To be very honest and frank, I wouldn't buy a home backing to Jamboree even if it was listed at 500k.  Its just not worth it to us.  Same goes for the Sheldon homes.

DJW1705 said:
I live in Greenwood, but not in Huntley and therefore away from Jamboree.  To be very honest and frank, I wouldn't buy a home backing to Jamboree even if it was listed at 500k.  Its just not worth it to us.  Same goes for the Sheldon homes.
Sheldon sold like hotcakes, but the location on those is just brutal. Everyone has different needs, but I'd rather live in a condo in tustin ranch or an older SFR.  But to each there own. 

Back