How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

True - providing you have a conforming 1st, a 740 FICO, a SFR, and 50% LTV. Lots of people fit these categories. Lots more do not.

See terms and conditions here:https://www.owning.com/termsandconditions.html

Also I've heard on occasion that their low price depends on an Appraisal Waiver. If the Appraisal Waiver does not fire, an appraisal cost is added. Not a criticism, but need to know this might come up when dialoguing with any company out there.

As well, any written offer provided can be matched by almost any other lender. You may not close in 30 days, but you avoid in some cases having to escrow for taxes and insurance to get a good rate, and also avoid loans being sold again and again.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
Also I've heard on occasion that their low price depends on an Appraisal Waiver. If the Appraisal Waiver does not fire, an appraisal cost is added. Not a criticism, but need to know this might come up when dialoguing with any company out there.

At least for a property with 1M+ value, the borrower will not pay the appraisal cost.  The biggest gotcha on getting the advertised rate is the 50% LTV which was lowered from 60% a month or two ago.

If you are in market to refi, check out Cashcall...very competitive at this time. I was able to get the appraisal waived and they verified income electronically ( no w2 or pay stubs to send).

best offer so far I have is:
$720K 20 yr refi, $1.1M property value
3.07% APR
total cost $6500
payment from 3.75% 30 yr (3 yrs in) increases by ~$500

So far no one has been able to match Cash Call's rate.  2 lenders said they couldn't even come close.  Will most likely go with them if the last lender is also a no go.

Back