How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

Mety said:
TCT said:
Considering this is a quote for an attached condo how does 3.75 with about 2k back in rebate sound?

10% down, high credit scores.

Sounds pretty good. You can always refi if the rates do get much lower in a future so if you're approved and really like the home, then go for it. I know you're getting a deal you want from the builder lender, but I still would recommend resales from SG, EW or WD if possible.

We just didn?t really like those areas for some reason or another. Could be the house layout, proximity to neighbors being basically an attached condo, terrible parking setups. Little things like laundry isn?t he garage was basically a hard pass for my wife. Out of everything my wife liked the design on carissa/Brisa the most, specifically the end units.

eyephone said:
You know how it goes. Sometimes if you wait, the deal is gone.

Deal has actually gotten a bit better as of today. Money back up to now over $2k at 3.75%. Rates seem like they won?t move unless things change drastically soon as it?s some separate program US bank has with Cal Pacific where they don?t ding you for being an attached condo. They also did mention refi later in the year at no cost of rates do drop significantly.

eyephone said:
All it takes is a deal with China and rates might go back up.

10-year bond rate is heading towards 1% this year.  How will lenders adjust for that with mortgage rates is anyone's guess.

USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:
All it takes is a deal with China and rates might go back up.

10-year bond rate is heading towards 1% this year.  How will lenders adjust for that with mortgage rates is anyone's guess.

Who knows? All it takes a trade deal, a big rate cut by the fed, and other countries not go into a recession. (from the articles and data I read the world economy is not looking good)

But you have a point, interest rates might go lower

Just locked a refi at 3.00% for a 5/1 no point no cost with USBank earlier this week. They were overing around 3.125/3.250% the last few weeks.

Since we bought in Dec 2018 we went from 3.875% to 3.50% in May and now 3.00%. Not sure it?s going to get much better than this for a while.

The only way would be to park a bunch of money at one bank which we don?t do. The USBank rate should be reproduceable, we don?t even bank with them (but we have USC?s special contact  ;D).

I am working with Owning.com. Their refinance is zero cost. Rates are great and process seems very simple. Not so much docs to submit....unlike Wells Fargo where for the loan and refi I had to explain so many transactions in my bank account. Lets see how it goes in a week time.

marmott said:
Just locked a refi at 3.00% for a 5/1 no point no cost with USBank earlier this week. They were overing around 3.125/3.250% the last few weeks.

Since we bought in Dec 2018 we went from 3.875% to 3.50% in May and now 3.00%. Not sure it?s going to get much better than this for a while.

The only way would be to park a bunch of money at one bank which we don?t do. The USBank rate should be reproduceable, we don?t even bank with them (but we have USC?s special contact  ;D).
Thats a great rate...I don't see it advertised on their website.

Owning is offering 3.5% for High Balance loan 30 yr fixed.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Closed smoothly with owning with zero closing costs in 2 weeks. Very good process and not so heavy on bank transactions, reserve requirements etc.

Owning does offer some great rates on conforming loans.  Beats my usual go to sources - Provident, Box, Better, and Aim.

I wonder how the 21 day close guarantee works.  What happens if I slow play all the document requests?  21 days goes by pretty fast.

On ESPN710, owning.com is advertising a fixed 30-year at 3.25%, didn't say if it was jumbo or not.

Their kicker is that the APR is also 3.25% which is supposed to indicate a true no-cost loan/refi.

Don't jumbos get a better rate than conforming? Their website doesn't show a jumbo rate (and it currently shows the 485k as 3.375%).

I never visited their site before but it looks like they do buy/sell realtor services too.

irvinehomeowner said:
Don't jumbos get a better rate than conforming? Their website doesn't show a jumbo rate (and it currently shows the 485k as 3.375%).

I never visited their site before but it looks like they do buy/sell realtor services too.

We were quoted higher rates for any loan over the conforming amount.Usually was just and eighth though. I?m not sure about owning.com though.

Can someone send  me some referrals for refinancing. Looking to refinance from a 4.375 rate. It may not be worth it yet but I?d like to be ready if the opportunity arises. Thanks.

Lallo said:
Can someone send  me some referrals for refinancing. Looking to refinance from a 4.375 rate. It may not be worth it yet but I?d like to be ready if the opportunity arises. Thanks.

Look a few posts up.. owning.com.  It's a no brainer to refi your 4.375% rate down to something in the low 3s.

Lots to consider here with your refinance lender question Lallo. Here's an overview:

1) If your loan is between $275k and 484k in many cases a small broker or a good sized mortgage banker is the right choice. Owning, Quicken, Fremont Bank, and others can get the job done well for you. Conforming Conventional loans have some base guidelines that can make the process very quick and simple. Most Banks have significant underwriting overlays that prevent seemingly "easy deals" (Pro tip: "easy deals" do not exist....) from closing efficiently. As well, Refinancing with a Broker/Banker can be accomplished in 20-40 days. Banks are now at 60-90 days.

On the plus side: Faster turn around. Better underwriting guidelines.

On the minus side: If you do not want your loan not to be sold, forget about it. Your loan will be sold, and re-sold, and sold again. If this is a concern, go with a Bank. Also - that rate you see... it often requires impounding for taxes and insurance to get that rate.

Bear in mind: Any written offer from a mortgage broker/banker will be matched by any bank out there. You have to wait 60 to 90 days to get the deal done, but the price/rate/terms will be matched. Why is $275,000 a floor?  All lenders are "for profit" institutions and the economics aren't there for smaller loans. Yes, lenders are legally required to offer to small loan finance. Yes, as well, your pricing will be terrible because in reality lenders don't want these deals.

2) If your loan is between $484k and maximum conforming Jumbo of $726,525, it's a mixed bag. Most broker/bankers must use standard Jumbo Conforming pricing which at present blows. There are a few outliers able to price Jumbo Conforming loans in a market friendly place, but they are rare indeed. Banks use their Portfolio Jumbo pricing in this arena which then has rates closer to where Standard Conforming loans are priced. Once again, you have to expect a more rigorous underwriting challenge and the process will take 60 - 90 days.

On the plus side - Broker/Bankers still have the edge with faster turn times and more open guidelines.

On the minus side - Conforming Jumbo pricing is often terrible at a broker banker. Banks will take longer.

Bear in mind: To get the better Portfolio Loan rate, you must have 6 months or more of post closing cash reserves, not the 1-2 months you have with a Conforming Conventional loan.

3) If your loan is $750k to $3m+++ there are very, very few mortgage bankers who compete in this arena (Guaranteed Rate, LoanDepot, etc) but their bread and butter here is "Non QM" lending. If you have janky tax returns, or mystery money, or other non-conforming to lending norms within your credit profile, the mortgage banker might be the way to go. If you have a few bumps along the way, the major banks do these loans day in, day out, at rates and terms no banker can match.

On the plus side: Banks have a great number of getting a much lower rate than Broker/Bankers here. If you have unusual income, a Banker will have some options for you, but the terms will match the need for flexible lending.

On the minus side: For the time being, it will take 60-90 days to complete your refinance.

Bear in mind that Big Banks were caught understaffed with the push down in rates. What was 120 day turn times are now 60-90 days - 60 if you're well prepared. What is currently 60-90 days will shortly be 45 days, perhaps sooner. Also, not much of the information above applies to purchase loans. That's a different post altogether...

Hope this helps,

SGIP

As I mentioned earlier, my refinance of conforming Jumbo with owning.com did not require me to submit bank statements or show 6 month reserve. Loan closed in 14 days. When i refinanced with Wells Fargo - They asked me all bank statements and explanations about transactions - that was super annoying part.
Based on my experience, both cash call and owning are fast for refinance.  Cash call has the 995 lender fee though.

I heard on the radio ad of owning that they now offer loan for remaining term of your loan instead of starting all over....so 27 yrs refi instead of 30 yrs if you are already 3 yrs into your current loan. This sounds interesting to me.

The difference between pure AUS approval - Agency Only Guidelines - VS Bank Overlay Underwriting.

Curious who is servicing these Owning loans. Anyone made more than 6 payments on an Owning funded loan yet? (the usual length of time before a funded loan gets sold is 6 payments - sometimes sooner)

My .02c

Thanks for the info

Irvinehomeseeker said:
As I mentioned earlier, my refinance of conforming Jumbo with owning.com did not require me to submit bank statements or show 6 month reserve. Loan closed in 14 days. When i refinanced with Wells Fargo - They asked me all bank statements and explanations about transactions - that was super annoying part.
Based on my experience, both cash call and owning are fast for refinance.  Cash call has the 995 lender fee though.

I heard on the radio ad of owning that they now offer loan for remaining term of your loan instead of starting all over....so 27 yrs refi instead of 30 yrs if you are already 3 yrs into your current loan. This sounds interesting to me.

Back