How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

Considering this is a quote for an attached condo how does 3.75 with about 2k back in rebate sound?

10% down, high credit scores.

Mety said:
Kenkoko said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Kenkoko said:
zubs said:
How hard is it to borrow the money from a low interest rate country, bring it to the USA and buy houses?
Like an all cash buy in America with a 1.5% interest in Taiwan.
Fairly easy. My parents pulled money out of their home in Taiwan at 1.25% and invested in rentals here in US.

Dang. Can I borrow money from your parents at 1.75%? :)

I recommend marrying a Taiwanese national. There are many lonely single rich Taiwanese here in Irvine.

Welcome back, YF!

That?s not Belly. Lol

#NoSweets4u

eyephone said:
Mety said:
Kenkoko said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Kenkoko said:
zubs said:
How hard is it to borrow the money from a low interest rate country, bring it to the USA and buy houses?
Like an all cash buy in America with a 1.5% interest in Taiwan.
Fairly easy. My parents pulled money out of their home in Taiwan at 1.25% and invested in rentals here in US.

Dang. Can I borrow money from your parents at 1.75%? :)

I recommend marrying a Taiwanese national. There are many lonely single rich Taiwanese here in Irvine.

Welcome back, YF!

That?s not Belly. Lol

#NoSweets4u

Maybe his friend.

irvinehomeowner said:
Why do people say we will become a Japan 2.0?

The scale/economy/influence/etc just do not compare.

We let in the most immigrants from around the world by far. We are not like Japan. Heck, Europe is a better bet than Japan will ever be if you are an investor.

TCT said:
Considering this is a quote for an attached condo how does 3.75 with about 2k back in rebate sound?

Seems about since you're paying a slight premium for condo mortgage as well as LTV of 90%. Overall, rate shopping with multiple lenders will let you know if your quote is good.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
TCT said:

Seems about since you're paying a slight premium for condo mortgage as well as LTV of 90%. Overall, rate shopping with multiple lenders will let you know if your quote is good.

This is the best we?ve been offered for a condo, 700-750k 10% down. Most charge a significant premium for condo vs detached or require 20% down. Just curious if this is a good rate at the moment for a condo.

TCT said:
TCT said:

This is the best we?ve been offered for a condo, 700-750k 10% down. Most charge a significant premium for condo vs detached or require 20% down. Just curious if this is a good rate at the moment for a condo.

In your situation, I think anything under 4% is great. At this point, you're playing with house money.

TCT said:
TCT said:

Just do it.

TCT said:

Sounds pretty good. You can always refi if the rates do get much lower in a future so if you're approved and really like the home, then go for it. I know you're getting a deal you want from the builder lender, but I still would recommend resales from SG, EW or WD if possible.

Back