How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

I confirmed with Chase that going private client with $250K minimum in assets to move can yield a refinance of a 30 yr jumbo fixed @3.75% down to a jumbo 5/1 @ 2.625. Would you take that deal if I plan to own the property >10 more years?

OCtoSV said:
I confirmed with Chase that going private client with $250K minimum in assets to move can yield a refinance of a 30 yr jumbo fixed @3.75% down to a jumbo 5/1 @ 2.625. Would you take that deal if I plan to own the property >10 more years?

What are they offering on the 7 or 10 year ARM?

USCTrojanCPA said:
OCtoSV said:

I did not inquire on 7/1 and 10/1. What are you seeing?

OCtoSV said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
OCtoSV said:

I did not inquire on 7/1 and 10/1. What are you seeing?

Got a buyer into escrow on a home in Irvine so they are checking with their lenders on a 7/1 ARM loan this afternoon.  I'll report back on what rates they got quotes.

10-year bond is now below 2.30% which means that rates are going lower, my guess is that we are heading back towards 3.25% to 3.50% for the 30-year fixed.  So much for worrying about rates going above 5%. 

irvinehomeowner said:
But this doesn't help The Slowdown. :)

The lower rates have definitely provided a cushion for the real estate market. It's funny but I remember a few of my buyers who went to the sidelines in late 2018 when rates hit 5% told me that rates would probably go to 6% and I told them that we'll see the 3%s before we see anything close to 6%.  If the trade war escalates, we'll be back at record lows around the low 3%s for the 30-year fixed rate and the ARM loans from the low-to-mid 2%s with the 10-year bond below 2%.

Spoke to one of my lenders today and apparently the 30-year fixed rate is down to 3.50%, so much for going over 5%.  I think we are headed to 3% to 3.25% as the tariffs cause more heartburn.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Spoke to one of my lenders today and apparently the 30-year fixed rate is down to 3.50%, so much for going over 5%.  I think we are headed to 3% to 3.25% as the tariffs cause more heartburn.

More reasons for prices to stay high.

USCTrojanCPA said:

Recession soon to come?

Just refi'd my condo (primary residence) from 4.375% to 3.875% through Cashcall. I bought in 2017 when rates were tracking up.

USCTrojanCPA said:

Any idea on the current 5/1 or 7/1 ARM rate (without moving 250k chunks..).  Are we at 2.75% yet?

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Just refi'd my condo (primary residence) from 4.375% to 3.875% through Cashcall. I bought in 2017 when rates were tracking up.

You locked today or you just completed the refi transaction (ie. locked 30 days ago).

Back