How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

LiefinIrvine said:
HOMEOWNER SIMPSON said:
What are the rates today??

10 Yr Bond at 2.78 and 30 Year Fixed at 4.42.

Not bad , considering the good news on the jobs front.

Serious jumps the last couple of days though.  Interestingly enough, Jumbo and conforming loans have the same rates.

Irvinecommuter said:
LiefinIrvine said:
HOMEOWNER SIMPSON said:
What are the rates today??

10 Yr Bond at 2.78 and 30 Year Fixed at 4.42.

Not bad , considering the good news on the jobs front.

Serious jumps the last couple of days though.  Interestingly enough, Jumbo and conforming loans have the same rates.
Probably means that the mortgage spreads to treasuries have compressed.

The 4.42 number is from the Freddie Mac Weekly Survey.

http://www.freddiemac.com/pmms/

Which is data from a week prior. It's also assuming .70 in lender fees.

The 2.78 10 year is present day.

I'd expect the weekly average next week to be around 4.50%, rising to 4.6 by September 1 - still with .70 in fee which means real rates with zero points are about .125% higher.

Fee free closing and locked for 60 days, 4.125% is about right.  To think, 60 days ago one could have gotten something in the low 3's. How things have turned.

the yield on the 10 year treasure has reached the 3.00 mark....best performing is probably somewhere around 4.8 today...which mean the average borrowers are going to get a 5+% interest.

5.0% Jumbo Conforming was hit yesterday, but with today payroll report, 4.75% or lower with costs is coming back. See/Saw until September Taper news is confirmed.

My .02c

Irvinecommuter said:
the yield on the 10 year treasure has reached the 3.00 mark....best performing is probably somewhere around 4.8 today...which mean the average borrowers are going to get a 5+% interest.

Back down to 2.7% today.

10 year likely to hit 2.50, then hover until more economic news comes out. Anyone who closed a loan from August to September 18th should be looking at a fee free refinance pretty soon.

Treasury Yields Plunge To 7-Week Lows

20130924_10y2_0.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-24/treasury-yields-plunge-7-week-lows

5/1 ARM Jumbo 2.625% 60%LTV but WITH $5,262 in lender credit.  Enough for free refi and maybe a nice weeks vacation or cruise left over.  Worth it to run my house thru the wash again?  Monthlies would be the same.  Not sure if impounds required.

Would it seem fishy to the bank to refi from 2.5% to 2.625%? 

Those 2.875% "True Jumbo" 5/1 ARM rates are legitimate and you can get them from brick and mortar banks as well. Here's the difficulty:

1) Does a 760 credit score get me that rate? Perhaps not.

2) Is less than 24 months of cash reserves gonna get me that rate? Perhaps not.

3) Attached properties work at 2.875%? No, not at this time.

4) Want to pay your taxes and insurance on your own? Sorry, not at that 2.875% rate. How's 3.125%?

It takes a lot of weaving in and out while jumping up and down, like a running back heading down field against a strong defense for a borrower to get a rate like what's posted on line. These unbelievable terms exist, but not everyone has the superstar credentials to get them.

PS - Don't expect many of these refi-heavy lenders to stick around much longer. Case in point: CashCall filed a WARN notice with the State regarding 700+ workers to get the boot in December.  Expect some of the others (GreenLight, Provident, etc) to do the same pretty soon.

My .02c

Back