How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Cashcall is back online...great rates there too. 2.5% for confirming.

But there are fees at cashcall.  It's best to keep this discussion to rates with lender credit to negate all 3rd party fees. 

Cares said:
I have serious doubts the person got 2.5% no point/fees on a high balance loan. On a conforming loan yes it's doable.

I got quoted 2.5% no cost high balance loan today. Appraisal waived as well.  Will move forward and if rates drop further, we'll refi again.

akkord said:
Cares said:
I have serious doubts the person got 2.5% no point/fees on a high balance loan. On a conforming loan yes it's doable.

I got quoted 2.5% no cost high balance loan today. Appraisal waived as well.  Will move forward and if rates drop further, we'll refi again.

Owning?

Lenderfi...they aren't taking any online apps on their website, but I had a contact back from March when I was testing the waters with them.

Someone needs to sticky this for everyone wanting to refi, like at the top of the page no matter what page of the thread you're on. 

ChiKid24 said:
akkord said:
Lenderfi...they aren't taking any online apps on their website, but I had a contact back from March when I was testing the waters with them.

There is a back door way to apply to Lenderfi by avoiding their homepage.  Use the link below, fill out the information and they'll call you within 2-3 days to provide you a quote.
https://app.lenderfi.com/app/signup/partner/lenderfi

akkord said:
Cares said:

I'm sort of in disbelief that it is a true no cost loan at 2.5% high balance 30 year. If you don't mind, could you share your LE when you get it? Blur our sensitive info.

Is he taking about affiliate link? So when you refi, he makes money?  ;)

akkord said:
Someone needs to sticky this for everyone wanting to refi, like at the top of the page no matter what page of the thread you're on. 

ChiKid24 said:
akkord said:

There is a back door way to apply to Lenderfi by avoiding their homepage.  Use the link below, fill out the information and they'll call you within 2-3 days to provide you a quote.

affiliate links to lenderfi looks like it has an 8 unique character id at the end, like some of that boglehead forum links, this one looks generic and allows people to apply online

AW said:
affiliate links to lenderfi looks like it has an 8 unique character id at the end, like some of that boglehead forum links, this one looks generic and allows people to apply online

Got it  ;D

eyephone said:
Is he taking about affiliate link? So when you refi, he makes money?  ;)

akkord said:

ChiKid24 said:
akkord said:

Lol no affiliate payments for me, though given the number of people I've referred to Lenderfi I should start asking for a cut!!

I signed my closing docs with them yesterday getting 2.75% with lender credit to cover all costs in Sections A, B, C and E of loan estimate. No need to escrow taxes. Loan balance is high conforming ($720k), appraisal waived as he set my property value under $1M (it's worth more than that) since the pricing only needed 75% LTV and I couldn't do much better unless I was under 60% LTV (would have required big paydown). I found their process very straight forward and easy. Everything done online aside from a couple of phone calls. Time from initial application to closing was just under 30 days.

A few things to highlight about them:
1) They provide you their best rate up front and once you lock, they do not offer a float down or adjustment
2) They have you sign a form stating your intent to hold the loan for six months. It says you will need to forfeit the lender credit if you refi before then. For me that's about $1,500.
3) Tied to #2 is their rate insurance program which states that if rates are down 0.25% or more in 6-months and you've made 6 months of on time payments , they will refi you for free at the new lower rate.

In my mind, if rates fall dramatically and I can get another no cost refi done at 2.25% or better before the 6-month expires, then I'd be fine forfeiting the $1,500. That assumes they'll actually come after me for it. My bigger concern though would be upsetting them and potentially not being able to do business with them again. They were no doubt the most competitive offer when I locked and I think there's a good shot I'll be able to redo this loan in 6 months at 2.50% or better.

It is it just me. I get tons of emails for lenderfi loans and investment. I understand the loans, but for the investment side. I simply clicked the investment icon to just casually browse. (Not sign up)

I've been hearing lately that once a hard pull on a credit profile is done, the banks have been sending customers "impossible to match" rate reduction offers. Anyone experienced this "Trigger Lead" based marketing? I'm not talking about the letters and phone calls from smaller brokers trying to poach away your deal wherever it might be. This would be an offer from your current loan servicer only.

Also there have been a few whispers out there of a sub 2% 15 year fixed rate refi being offered, however I've not seen a LE/CD or legitimate ad yet for this possibly mythical creature. This isn't a zero fee deal, only very minor costs being charged. If you've seen one of these ads let me know.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
I've been hearing lately that once a hard pull on a credit profile is done, the banks have been sending customers "impossible to match" rate reduction offers. Anyone experienced this "Trigger Lead" based marketing? I'm not talking about the letters and phone calls from smaller brokers trying to poach away your deal wherever it might be. This would be an offer from your current loan servicer only.

Also there have been a few whispers out there of a sub 2% 15 year fixed rate refi being offered, however I've not seen a LE/CD or legitimate ad yet for this possibly mythical creature. This isn't a zero fee deal, only very minor costs being charged. If you've seen one of these ads let me know.

My .02c

1.  Haven't heard anyone that recently re-financed that got impossible to match offers from their existing mortgage provider.  Maybe few did, but not many.

2.  Nope.  Lowest I have seen is 2.25% 15 year fixed no cost loan.  sub 2.0% is not here yet or offered with points and costs.

Soylent Green Is People said:

My .02c

Loan Cabin's 15-year published rate on their website is 1.99%:https://www.loancabin.com/rates

So to sum, I'm hearing people are getting 2.75% w/ lender credit that can remove all closing costs potentially + Appraisal? I'm currently at 2.75%, receiving 9k lender credit.. thoughts?

Cares said:
akkord said:
Cares said:

I'm sort of in disbelief that it is a true no cost loan at 2.5% high balance 30 year. If you don't mind, could you share your LE when you get it? Blur our sensitive info.

I can confirm the 2.5% no cost conforming high balance 30 year

AW said:
Cares said:
akkord said:
Cares said:

With who and what LTV?

Lucky for those who are able to get the 2.5% rate from LenderFi.
I was locked at 2.75 and tried this entire week to see if they can offer me the 2.5 for my scenario but they wouldn't. I will be cancelling LenderFi application and wait for a better rate.

USCTrojanCPA said:
AW said:
Cares said:
akkord said:
Cares said:

With who and what LTV?

lenderfi and around 55

Back