House price appreciation

Which one of these villages has the highest chance for appreciation for $900K?

• Beacon Park

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Cypress Village

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Cypress Village East

• Eastwood

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Orchard Hills

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • Parasol Park

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Pavilion Park

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Portola Springs

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Stonegate

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Stonegate East

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Woodbury

• Woodbury East

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
Legit949 said:
Shortly, Orchard Hills School will have kids from $3 and $4 million dollar homes attending it.
OH and Beckman already has the $3M plus crowd with Trevi?base lot pricing has been mid $2M with some larger and/or view lots base over $3M. All in definitely over $3M, even mid $3M. Some of the Vistas will push or exceed $4M.

AW said:
noMoneyBackin2011 said:
why parasol and beacon separate?  Do you really think one community will appreciate differently than another?
It'll be interesting to see how or if they differ in appreciation.
Look and feel now is different. BP are more traditional with a couple more modern (straight edge/boxy designs) and Parasol much more so, (like all of them)

I would be surprised that 'look n feel' for two nearly equivalent locations would affect appreciation in Irvine.  They are next to each other, they are both GP, they are built within 1-2 years of each other.  As a whole, I would expect each community to appreciate the same for SFRs and Townhomes.

Rtlguru said:
OCLuvr said:
I agree, but some how that is what Irvine buyers look for--e.g. in my opinion, Woodbury is better location than Stonegate, but Stonegate has appreciated significantly more than Woodbury. And, the only rationale I could find is: school.

First of all, I'm not expert on these two communities.

However I did look at some Woodbury resales recently and I hated the dated floor plans and style of the homes there. They have not aged well. I believe Woodbury does not have 10 foot ceilings either - but I may be wrong.

Liked the floor plans at auburn much more. I wouldn't buy in Woodbury even if they had north wood hs.

I felt the same comparing  northpark vs north wood pointe. Pointe homes with vaulted ceilings and open plans have aged much better than tusd northpark.

I know a lot of people that bought in stonegate for the elementary school which is top rated within irvine.

OCres said:
I know a lot of people that bought in stonegate for the elementary school which is top rated within irvine

That's all fine and good if you have little ones who will be going to a good elementary school for many years. But, it just goes to show they're not just out to maximize appreciation. Over time, other factors will far out-weigh the rating of the school in 2017.

OCres said:
Rtlguru said:
OCLuvr said:
I agree, but some how that is what Irvine buyers look for--e.g. in my opinion, Woodbury is better location than Stonegate, but Stonegate has appreciated significantly more than Woodbury. And, the only rationale I could find is: school.

First of all, I'm not expert on these two communities.

However I did look at some Woodbury resales recently and I hated the dated floor plans and style of the homes there. They have not aged well. I believe Woodbury does not have 10 foot ceilings either - but I may be wrong.

Liked the floor plans at auburn much more. I wouldn't buy in Woodbury even if they had north wood hs.

I felt the same comparing  northpark vs north wood pointe. Pointe homes with vaulted ceilings and open plans have aged much better than tusd northpark.

I know a lot of people that bought in stonegate for the elementary school which is top rated within irvine.

LOL.  It's an elementary school. How much better can it be compared to the others?  And where are these ratings?

Back