HOA deposit money

sentosa

a year after i started my landscaping for my new home, i finally got the deposit check of $1000 from the HOA.
what a relief. good luck to everyone trying to get their money back.

well, you pay $1000 for single family in stonegate. i think you pay less for detached condo.
i just have a very simple landscape with pavers at the backyard and along the driveway. and still i have to pay extra $100 to submit variance because some part of the extension of the driveway is not in line with the guidelines.
almost all my neighbors encounter some problems regarding the final approval from HOA. it's getting really annoying at some point. 
our HOA is PCM at lake forest.

sentosa said:
and still i have to pay extra $100 to submit variance because some part of the extension of the driveway is not in line with the guidelines.
almost all my neighbors encounter some problems regarding the final approval from HOA. it's getting really annoying at some point. 

They do that on purpose to extort more fees out of you.  The homeowners should take PCM to court.

sentosa said:
well, you pay $1000 for single family in stonegate. i think you pay less for detached condo.
i just have a very simple landscape with pavers at the backyard and along the driveway. and still i have to pay extra $100 to submit variance because some part of the extension of the driveway is not in line with the guidelines.

Oh man.. PCM is the worse.  Talk about nickle and dime.  When I sold my place out of West Irvine.. they charged me 1K for my condo paperwork. 

test said:
sentosa said:
and still i have to pay extra $100 to submit variance because some part of the extension of the driveway is not in line with the guidelines.

They do that on purpose to extort more fees out of you.  The homeowners should take PCM to court.

Why not just fire them?  My old HOA management company got replaced by my HOA.  Didn't seem to hard, got a letter in the mail saying " we fired so and so company because they sucked and hired another one"

ps9 said:
test said:
sentosa said:

Why not just fire them?  My old HOA management company got replaced by my HOA.  Didn't seem to hard, got a letter in the mail saying " we fired so and so company because they sucked and hired another one"

Is it that easy?  Do you need all board members to vote on it.. or just majority?  I guess that depends on the HOA rules.

PCM is terrible!  When I sold my Woodbury home they charged transfer fee for master HOA and condo HOA, plus paperwork fee for master HOA and condo HOA, over $1,200 for nothing.

Then in escrow they took extra dues that they said were unpaid, took me 4 months of calling and complaining to prove they were wrong and get them back.

WasToldToChangeMyName said:
ps9 said:
test said:
sentosa said:

May not be that easy especially when apartments are involved like they are in Woodbury. I think the apartments can vote and they're owned by TIC. Since TIC probably hired the management company, why would they want to fire them over transfer fees.

Do the apartments count?  I thought they would separate that.

Back