HK millionaire sues Coldwell banker dual-agent for misleading square footage

Kings said:
Burn That Belly said:
rkp said:
It looks like the agent didnt put any sq ft in the MLS and the 15K sq ft was on a marketing flyer.  Not clear on who created that flyer and how they got the 15K number from.

Wouldn't the flyer constitute misrepresentation then? bait n switch.

There's usually a disclaimer on fliers or marketing material for properties/assets like this that says something along the lines of, "interested parties should at their own cost conduct their own analysis and other verification of the data set forth in this document and such other research and inquiries as they deem appropriate."

That's legalese for not incriminating oneself, but I thought the whole point of professionalism was to raise the bar of conduct.

I mean look at this shit:
They take on fiduciary responsibility
When you work with a Realtor?, their fiduciary responsibility is to you. That means you have an expert who is looking out for your best financial interests, an expert who's contractually bound to do everything in their power to protect you. That's big?the value of that commitment cannot be overstated. "For more than 100 years, Realtors? have subscribed to the NAR's strict Code of Ethics as a condition of membership," says National Association of Realtors? President Gary Thomas. "Realtors? have the expertise and experience to help sellers protect their investment and help buyers build theirs."

I don't know how you reconcile this claim with the agent's conduct without some kind of censure from a professional licensing board.

HMart said:
Kings said:
Burn That Belly said:
rkp said:
It looks like the agent didnt put any sq ft in the MLS and the 15K sq ft was on a marketing flyer.  Not clear on who created that flyer and how they got the 15K number from.

Wouldn't the flyer constitute misrepresentation then? bait n switch.

There's usually a disclaimer on fliers or marketing material for properties/assets like this that says something along the lines of, "interested parties should at their own cost conduct their own analysis and other verification of the data set forth in this document and such other research and inquiries as they deem appropriate."

That's legalese for not incriminating oneself, but I thought the whole point of professionalism was to raise the bar of conduct.

I mean look at this shit:
They take on fiduciary responsibility
When you work with a Realtor?, their fiduciary responsibility is to you. That means you have an expert who is looking out for your best financial interests, an expert who's contractually bound to do everything in their power to protect you. That's big?the value of that commitment cannot be overstated. "For more than 100 years, Realtors? have subscribed to the NAR's strict Code of Ethics as a condition of membership," says National Association of Realtors? President Gary Thomas. "Realtors? have the expertise and experience to help sellers protect their investment and help buyers build theirs."

I don't know how you reconcile this claim with the agent's conduct without some kind of censure from a professional licensing board.

The jury found no breach in fiduciary duty, so I don't think it would make sense for the board to come out against a jury's verdict unless they had a bone to pick with this guy.

Back