help me choose

Sit in the sales office or in the models for a bit, and if there are any completed units, walk the neighborhood. Do the same with the resale property. Knock on doors. Talk to owners.

One of the big decision factors for us when purchasing was "Are there any kids the same age as ours in this area?". Based on that reason alone we purchased where we did. There were lower priced options, and area's we could have bought in, but we made the right choice 14+ years in hindsight.

Since these properties are relatively equal in nature, look closer at the neighborhood.

thelandofnoland said:
Ordinarily, I would choose Option #1. However, after living for 15 years in Yorba Linda, I would like to tell anybody that considers buying a home there to NOT buy it. They have a really bad school district (their district is rich, but doesn't mean good. In 37 years, the district will sink under the debt they agreed to. Kids there use bad language, smoke, and have no respect to others) and a really sucky water district (they have ZERO water in storage in case of an accident and don't care about water pressure). I can promise that if you buy there, you will later be sorry that you did.

Oh... and by the way, if you realize this and try asking for an interdistrict transfer, they will reject you in any way they can. Just last year, kids who wanted to go to Troy were deliberately blocked from doing so, even though several petitions ensued. Before last year, kids could go to Troy because they offered a program not offered at PYLUSD, NJROTC. However, without giving any advance warning, they declared that PYLUSD from that year on would offer NJROTC. This happened years ago too when Valencia developed its ValTech program. Just see the below article to see some of the distress homebuyers' experienced...
http://articles.latimes.com/2002/jun/04/local/me-transfer4

Seems like all the sites disagree with you in terms of the school district, ranked even higher than Irvine:
http://www.greatschools.org/california/yorba-linda/
http://www.schooldigger.com/go/CA/city/Yorba+Linda/search.aspx

Seems like a simple choice.  New construction is the way to go, why go through hassle of renovating.  Yorba linda is great, I have lived there in the past

meccos12 said:
everyone wants to know what cities these homes are in.  None are in irvine, but i wanted to throw this question on this blog since this is an irvine blog and everyone usually has issues with lot sizes and few homes have views in irvine.

1.  yorba linda.  Brand new construction.  1.5m all in.  perfect floor plan (couldnt be better in my opinion).  better school than house #2.  problem is lot sizes are just like seen in Irvine - TINY.

2.  anaheim hills.  gated.  house listed for 1.5m.  floor plan not that great.  needs work (ive never done a renovation, but im estimating 150-200k).  higher hoa's, but awesome view and much larger lot.

So there's a Toll Brothers National Sales Event with limited time incentives (whatever that means). I assume your looking at Cortese?

eyephone said:
meccos12 said:
everyone wants to know what cities these homes are in.  None are in irvine, but i wanted to throw this question on this blog since this is an irvine blog and everyone usually has issues with lot sizes and few homes have views in irvine.

1.  yorba linda.  Brand new construction.  1.5m all in.  perfect floor plan (couldnt be better in my opinion).  better school than house #2.  problem is lot sizes are just like seen in Irvine - TINY.

2.  anaheim hills.  gated.  house listed for 1.5m.  floor plan not that great.  needs work (ive never done a renovation, but im estimating 150-200k).  higher hoa's, but awesome view and much larger lot.

So there's a Toll Brothers National Sales Event with limited time incentives (whatever that means). I assume your looking at Cortese?

yup.

Back