Harvard Square

jyeh74

I visited Harvard Square today (Walnut and Harvard) and thought the community was pretty nice.  It is a neighborhood of SFRs, priced from $650-$850k.  The area is gated and has a park right in the middle.  What are everyone's thoughts of this place?

jyeh74 said:
I visited Harvard Square today (Walnut and Harvard) and thought the community was pretty nice.  It is a neighborhood of SFRs, priced from $650-$850k.  The area is gated and has a park right in the middle.  What are everyone's thoughts of this place?

Some of the homes sit on large lots and I like the traditional SFR setup. The central park and hoa amenities are nice. My main concern with the community is the proximity to the 5.

The Walnut side of Harvard Square typically carries a premium, for the reasons listed above.

BTW, If you're considering the "Centennial" tract, you can find some of the identical plans in Sheridan Square (gated West Irvine) if you're looking for something a little newer and a little further away from the freeway.

-IR2

It's also right next to the low income section 8 housing located at 14501 Harvard Ave.

test said:
It's also right next to the low income section 8 housing located at 14501 Harvard Ave.

Is it section 8 or special needs housing?  When I search on that address it says it is run by an organization called 'Ability First'.  They say they provide affordable housing to special needs adults and children.  If that is the case, it is not quite the 'Section 8' that comes to everyone's minds.

davenlei said:
test said:

Is it section 8 or special needs housing?  When I search on that address it says it is run by an organization called 'Ability First'.  They say they provide affordable housing to special needs adults and children.  If that is the case, it is not quite the 'Section 8' that comes to everyone's minds.

ive seen a person go into this place who appears to be blind since they walk with a walking stick. so it may be a special needs place.

The freeway actually doesnt bug me, unless you're right next to the freeway.  The community seems decently new and is gated.  Reminds me of a nicer Oakcreek.  But yah, prices are def lower than other communities.

Even though it's over 120 days, I figure I would revive this thread.  I have seen a couple nice looking homes pop up that seem very atypical in Irvine price.

Has anyone had any additional experience with the Harvard Square area?  What would the freeway noise be comparable too?  Living off of Jamboree or Tustin Ranch Rd?

Tustin Ranch Rd is less busy than Jamboree.

The difference between main road and freeway noise... uneven, sometimes loud noises vs. even and uneven louder noises.

Back