Harvard Admits 4.6% of Applicants; Other Ivy League Schools Get Tougher, Too

irvinehomeshopper said:
4 Years passed by quickly and my daughter will be graduating from college this May. The quality of her education has been stellar and it is not an Ivy school. There are many choices out there for a quality education. I do think the quality of education is better at universities with smaller class size to encourage individual participation vs the test merit base large lecture halls.

She is offered an administrative position at a very well known hospital and her employer will subsidize her graduate school tuition.

She has a nearly perfect SAT score with 2 non "A" grades from high school. That was enough to be rejected from the Ivy schools. The competition is harder today than 4 years ago. We hear of numerous acceptances from Irvine schools because the same qualified applicants applied to all 8 Ivy schools.

Parents will continue to pay over inflated prices for Irvine properties because of schools. Unfortunately high achievers will not be competitive enough for the top colleges. Colleges near the OC proper are moving up in the ranking due to higher caliber applicants and the dramatic drop in acceptance rate. CSULB, CSUF and Chapman are among the many.
Per our private college counselor highly selective schools are 30% grades/test scores and 70% your "portrait". For UC it's more like 60/40.

eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
Kings said:
Liar Loan said:
A real overachiever would just start their own university, like Thomas Jefferson.

Or Trump!

Trump university?

Ben Franklin founded the university that he attended.

Trump ain?t no Ben Franklin. Believe me.

They had a lot in common actually.  Financial freedom at a young age, reality/media stars of their day, and a love of foreign women.

lok2pQnnw3AY-A1Y94tIYLjixzKYrCh57nNB4LuLW6c.jpg

Back