Halal Guys opening in Costa Mesa

bones said:
They need a current wait time app.  I'll probably visit in a month or two for my white sauce fix.http://blogs.ocweekly.com/stickaforkinit/2015/10/news_flash_the_line_at_halal_guys_is_long.php#more

Thats what she said....

#Qwerty

So uhhh did you go through that back door already?  How was it?  The food that is.  Heard it lacks that dirty NYC flavor.  :)

Free halal to the first 50 peeps in line tomorrow at 9am. Need to line up by 8:45am. I would go but you know, I live so far away from everything :(

bones said:
Free halal to the first 50 peeps in line tomorrow at 9am. Need to line up by 8:45am. I would go but you know, I live so far away from everything :(
Have the lines died down? Why would they do this if they already have 2 hour waits and have to limit the number of items they sell?

#AppleLogic

I think it's a fan appreciation thing. They're opening 2 hrs early to accommodate more people.

As for the lines, I heard best time to go is 10am and wait for it to open at 11. Someone I know did that and they were among the first in line. Someone else I know went at 10:30 and his wait for 1.5 hrs.

I went to anjin the other day and noticed there wasn't much parking in the lot...then I saw the line going to "halal guys", and remembered this thread. 

Fuck that line and fuck them for making the parking lot so fucked up.

Finally tried it, pretty good, careful with the red sauce, not that hot at first but it lingers and then it hits you pretty hard.  About 15 minute line today.  If they were closer, probably be in our weekly rotation.  My BIL gave a good tip:  just buy a bunch of their white sauce packets and use it on Luna grill or Daphnes or Costco rotisserie chicken. 

ps9 said:
Finally tried it, pretty good, careful with the red sauce, not that hot at first but it lingers and then it hits you pretty hard. 

You are right about that red sauce.  The white sauce is really good but that red sauce is really really hot.  That red sauce looks like sriracha but its 2 to 3 time more potent.  I ask them to put it on the side and just a few drop of it is more than enough. 

So if you go early enough, no lines at all.
And I can only use about a quarter of the red sauce in that to go packet.  Pretty potent.

Have you tried Doner G?  Is it pretty similar?  I'll try Halal Guys in the next week, I think... 

Doner G is near Target on Culver and Barranca. 

Vinster said:
riznick said:
Have you tried Doner G?  Is it pretty similar?  I'll try Halal Guys in the next week, I think... 

Doner G is near Target on Culver and Barranca.

There's a buy one get one free pita sandwich coupon for Doner G on the Irvine Company website:http://www.shopirvinecompany.com/special-offers/

Thanks.  I heard there's also something like free Baklava for a Yelp check-in.  I've never done that.

just printed out a buncha coupons. 

riznick said:
Thanks.  I heard there's also something like free Baklava for a Yelp check-in.  I've never done that.

Oh, gosh. The first 6 times I read this, I thought it said a free Balaclava! I kept wondering why you would get a free balaclava at this food joint. And why you were interested.

Back