Haiku Fans

akkord

Anyone buy the bigassfans or have experience with them?  Good, bad, worth the money, don't waste my money, not as described?

I don't think I can justify buying the H series.  The new L series with smart wall control looks nice.  Able to link with nest and Amazon's Alexa with built in dimmable LED light. 

My biggest thing with fans is it being able to move air and move air quietly which is what the haiku seems to have.  The energy savings, looks (subjective, wife doesn't like them, but I love them), LED lighting are all pluses in my book. 

No experience with the Haiku fans, but from the specs (52" blades, 60~180RPM, plastic resin blades), it seems pretty similar to the Minka Aire units I have installed, and they move enough air for me in my 12x12 rooms.  Price for the L-series with the wall control option seems pretty reasonable to me, considering that after I add Insteon controls to the Minka Aire fans, the price difference between the two is only about 100.00, which buys a seemingly better quality (finish wise) fan and a natively integrated control.  I'll be looking into the L-series for my master bedroom.

Haiku fans are 20% off right now, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger for the home...essentially a free wall control. 

Got them installed last week, no issues to report.  They move a good amount of air and are quiet.  Had them at the highest speed and no wobble on any of them.  The wall control and fan was easy to connect to my wifi and iPhone after I figured it out, took me about 15 min and a quick call to Haiku support (they were really helpful and asked me to call back with any issues or concerns).  Connected 5 of each /w no issues and no noticeable lag between the time I change something on my phone and the fan responding.  If you can stomach the price and plan to be in your house for awhile I'd say pick these up.

I'll post more after I get my Amazon dot in and see how the voice control for these work in a few weeks.

Here are a couple quick pics and what the iPhone app looks like.

Attachments

• Fan Control.PNG
    Fan Control.PNG
    50.8 KB · Views: 204
  • Fan 1.JPG
    Fan 1.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 222
  • Fan 2.JPG
    Fan 2.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 208
akkord said:
Got them installed last week, no issues to report.  They move a good amount of air and are quiet.  Had them at the highest speed and no wobble on any of them.  The wall control and fan was easy to connect to my wifi and iPhone after I figured it out, took me about 15 min and a quick call to Haiku support (they were really helpful and asked me to call back with any issues or concerns).  Connected 5 of each /w no issues and no noticeable lag between the time I change something on my phone and the fan responding.  If you can stomach the price and plan to be in your house for awhile I'd say pick these up.

I'll post more after I get my Amazon dot in and see how the voice control for these work in a few weeks.

Looks like a boat propeller.

My wife hates the look, but she let me get them and I actually like the look. 

WTTCHMN said:
akkord said:

Looks like a boat propeller.

FranchisePlr said:
@akkord, Where did you buy the Haiku fan for 20% off?  Looks good.

Replied to your PM as well with additional info, but for all the others out there, they were direct from BAF when they had a promotion going.

Back