Guns in QH?

IrvineHousewife

My sister was just at Starbucks in the QH shopping center when a man in his 50's with salt and pepper hair got up and left. She went over to steal his seat and found this (see image). Now there are police helicopters circling overhead. Wth? Yes, she called the cops.

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 151
I have no idea if the two are related, it was just weird.

Although, with the Irvine PD I wouldn't be surprised. We once got an automated call from the chief of police warning us to close our garage because someone had been opening cars and stealing sunglasses. The humanity!!

Tyler Durden said:
Maybe he was going to meet IHO at Checkpoint Alpha for the zombie showdown?
We were prepping for the Season 4 premiere on Oct 13:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSi2fJALDyQ[/youtube]

Woodbury is probably overrun, although I guess Musick might be safer than Quail Hill.

I am the sister and photographer of said gun clip. I called IPD and they sent me to dispatch immediately when I mentioned the gun. I am not sure what happened after that, but I told them that the janitor picked up the bullets.

It isn't legal to carry a concealed weapon in CA so I would sure hope the person carrying a gun permit for a concealed weapon would take it seriously enough to realize he's missing his gun clip. It looks like a reload so that would pose another question - why would someone carry a gun AND a reload? That is about 20 bullets I think, but I could be wrong because I don't know much about guns. Whatever the case, the person who left it behind was an idiot.

So you did see a gun?  But it was concealed? 

I think concealed carry permits are issued by county.

Not too many bullets there.  They look like .40 cal, maybe 9mm, and for a clip that short I'm guessing 8 rounds, depending on how wide the clip is (need to leave room for the unyielded coil spring at the bottom).  10 rounds is the legal limit in CA.

Concealed carries are hard to get in California but not impossible.  Plus most LEA officers carry.  I'd be surprised if anyone with a concealed carry didn't have a spare clip with them.

Technically, there was no gun. It was a clip of ammo.  Not sure what the rules are with transporting a clip of ammo.

Back