Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

Bullsback said:
DJW1705 said:
Bullsback said:
Wow, I am quite surprised Cox isn't already part of Greenwood's tech plans (or at least some cable provider....Comcast, whoever). Seems very disorganized to me that it isn't. I just presumed in any new civilized area (this isn't some rogue project out in the middle of nowhere or no name development, you are talking option of some form of cable company or leveraging DSL or higher speed internet through a Uverse / FIOS type set up. 

Plus, I presume Cox already services the rest of the Tustin Legacy / Villages of Colombus Area (unless I'm mistaken) so odd that their infrastructure wouldn't already be in.

Who cares.  Cable TV and internet, regardless of provider (Comcast, Cox, etc.), are all terrible and overpriced.
Actually, when you don't have competition, it can be bad for you and your prices (maybe not satellite but Uverse). Look at places where Googlefiber is and what the cable companies charge (and let me give you a hint, it isn't near what they charge here). In the case of Greenwood...if your only option is Uverse of Satellite than you have very few options and they could, ultimately opt to charge you different rates.   

And I have Uverse but Cox's internet is hands down superior. Isn't even a debate.

You get the internet speed that works for you.  How can it be hands down superior?  We have 24 mbps, and it works just fine for me and is cheaper than Cox for the same speed. 

We closed right before Christmas in Crawford, and while it took about a week, we were able to get DirectTV and AT&T Uverse for internet.  The Uverse is fiberoptic, and is the 75mps.  I've measured it on my iphone and seem to be getting north of 50mps pretty consistently when I'm close to the router.  Granted I'm trying to find a solution to help cover the whole house (repeaters etc) but that's another topic. 

The US mail piece is annoying, but we've also had some situations where we can't get various parties to recognize the address. 

It is different with so few people in the neighborhood, but we are happy so far.  I do wish they would turn on the lights around the park and re-stock the doggy bags!

Anyone having issues / delays with the tankless water-heaters taking forever to warm up? 

Ochouse - have you thought about getting the netgear nighthawk? We have a 3,000 sq ft house and the coverage is great everywhere.

OCHouse99 said:
Anyone having issues / delays with the tankless water-heaters taking forever to warm up?

Our water in the shower will get hot, but it does take a solid 45 seconds to a minute to heat up.  I thought tankless heaters were supposed to get hot water pretty quickly throughout the house....

I believe the issue with Cox is the disconnect between the people in the office/call centers and the field guys who actually installed the lines.  Cox definitely has their infrastructure installed in Greenwood.

A coworker of mine had similar issues at Baker Ranch.  His neighbors had Cox installed and in use.  He moved in maybe a month or two after the rest of his street moved in.  Called Cox and Cox said they do not service that area and his house did not show up on the map...... He explained that his neighbors already use Cox and their service is currently up.  Long story short he had to talk with supervisors and they finally schedule someone to meet at his house and low and behold, the guy that showed up agreed that Cox does service his house.

Anyone have issues with your address showing up in Irvine, Lake Forest or another City?  Happened a few times with Directv and online purchase for us.

The guy at Best Buy was more than happy to suggest that  but I wanted to see if i could avoid the $300 router.  I am testing the router they provided first to see if it works.  I think if i buy the Netgear I may have to buy a new modem as well.  TBD, still have to see how my coverage is in the very back of the house.  I'm sure this will be a work in progress.

I had the same problem with cox. They required a serviceability check even though every single neighbor was using Cox. After a month of calling to check the status of the serviceability check, I gave up trying to get them to come and called ATT. They sent out a guy the next day to set everything up within 30min.

OCHouse99 said:

Mine took a good 2 minutes to warm up when I first tried it. Thought something was wrong but maybe it was just a very cold day...

I closed right before xmas. We went to the post office once. The post office lady took a while to find our mail and then gave us attitude.."you made me do all that for 2 letters?" Dude lady, that's your job. I'd rather you guys deliver my mail instead of me coming to your post office too.

As far as cable. We called Uverse and they were out within a few days. Super quick for us.

It also seems like there's a lot of dogs in the neighborhood! There's at least 5 on my street so far (including mine). Can't wait to move in and meet the neighbors!

Our kitchen sink was lukewarm at best. Couldn't figure out how to turn up the temperature on the tankless heater and never had one before so we had the plummer come out. He said the temp setting was locked and that prevented us from raising it so he unlocked it but he also said they work best with higher flow faucets so water from the kitchen sink is going to take a long time to heat. I'm like........... how is THAT saving water? My old sink heated up quicker. Said it saves gas cuz u don't heat the whole tank of water continuously.

Another thing........... who's idea was it to put in two recirculating buttons downstairs and none upstairs? We do have a downstairs master but imo they should still have one upstairs.

If I ever bought a house with a tankless water I would immediately replace it with the largest water heater available (I'm assuming this is possible)

NewHomeOwner said:
OCHouse99 said:

Our water in the shower will get hot, but it does take a solid 45 seconds to a minute to heat up.  I thought tankless heaters were supposed to get hot water pretty quickly throughout the house....

I believe the issue with Cox is the disconnect between the people in the office/call centers and the field guys who actually installed the lines.  Cox definitely has their infrastructure installed in Greenwood.

A coworker of mine had similar issues at Baker Ranch.  His neighbors had Cox installed and in use.  He moved in maybe a month or two after the rest of his street moved in.  Called Cox and Cox said they do not service that area and his house did not show up on the map...... He explained that his neighbors already use Cox and their service is currently up.  Long story short he had to talk with supervisors and they finally schedule someone to meet at his house and low and behold, the guy that showed up agreed that Cox does service his house.

Anyone have issues with your address showing up in Irvine, Lake Forest or another City?  Happened a few times with Directv and online purchase for us.

We had issues with the water in the shower not being hot enough too and they came out to adjust the heater. There are a few things to adjust and not just the temperature knob like we had tried doing ourselves but it's working great now.

I'm having issues with the address coming up as Irvine all the time. I had about 8 Amazon orders rerouted to the post office due to failed delivery attempts... A little annoying.

qwerty said:
If I ever bought a house with a tankless water I would immediately replace it with the largest water heater available (I'm assuming this is possible)
If you've seen some of the garage spaces in new builds, you would quickly see there is no where to put a standard tank heater.

I think there is a misconception about tankless water heaters, they don't send hot water to your faucets any faster than tank ones, there is still the cold water in the pipes that has to get pumped out (which is why people have that flush button). Tankless is supposed to save energy as you only heat water as you use it and not periodically throughout the day to keep a huge reservoir of water hot.

Just like tank heaters, the father away the faucet/shower head is from the heater, the longer it takes to heat.

Yeah, I definitely had the wrong idea in my head about what tankless water heaters do. Last house had two nice size water heaters. This house has no room in the garage for even one.

Hello to all future Greenwood neighbors!!!

Our closing date is 6 months away.  So hopefully by then everything will be more smoothly.  I remember somewhere in the sales package that says cable provider is COX.  I was pissed as Im a big Dodgers fan and they only available on TWC and Charter.

irvinehomeowner said:
Just like tank heaters, the father away the faucet/shower head is from the heater, the longer it takes to heat.

And as mentioned above, newer homes have such low-flow showers and sinks that if you are flushing the cold water out of the pipes by running the water it takes forever. At least you guys have a recirculate button! I waste so much water.

For our Guest Suite downstairs, it took forever for the water to heat up too and
the tankless water heater was right next to that room!! We later found out that
the guest suite water pipes are linked to the ones for the master bath, so when
I press that recirculator button in the master the guest suite water also gets
heated up too. 

The recirculating pump that they builder installed has other models that include a wireless remote to initiate the recirculating pump. So maybe sometime down the line we might consider doing that.

I haven't had much problems getting my amazon packages or ups/fedex packages delivered to me with the exception of right before the new years. After that all packages have come on time and at my door. 

eyephone said:
bleudyno said:
Any update on mail service?
DIY mail
They told us yesterday maybe "another 2 weeks before they can deliver because they don't have the boxes set up in the post office to separate the mail by address"  That's about the 10th different excuse they've given us when we ask.  Any ideas on how to actually escalate to someone who has ability to make an authoritative statement?

Nope, I get a different answer every time.  It is annoying, especially going in and having them complain about how far in the back of the building all of the Greenwood mail is being held and blah, blah, blah.  Not my problem.  Deliver our mail and you won't have to do it anymore!

Back