Greenwood in Tustin Legacy

First post here, but I live in Sheldon and received the following information and attachment regarding landscaping my backyard:

A complete application package should include the following:
1.    2 copies of the Architectural Application Form (Exhibit A)

2.    3 sets of plans drawn per 4.02 Process/Submittal Requirements in the Design Guidelines

3.    2 checks made payable to Greenwood at Tustin Legacy; one for a refundable $500.00 deposit and one for a nonrefundable review fee per the fee schedule on page 18.

4.    Color photos of the current conditions of the location where the improvement(s) will take place

5.    Color photos of all proposed hardscape materials

6.    If artificial turf will be installed, please include a small sample along with the specifications sheet (pile height, face weight, thatch, etc.)

7.    Any structures to be installed above grade level require an elevation drawing

Here is a link to the PDF Design Guidelines I received -https://app.box.com/shared/static/210bpmdi3jyys769hcod7aizlpidt2qz.pdf

NewHomeOwner said:
First post here, but I live in Sheldon and received the following information and attachment regarding landscaping my backyard:

A complete application package should include the following:
1.    2 copies of the Architectural Application Form (Exhibit A)

2.    3 sets of plans drawn per 4.02 Process/Submittal Requirements in the Design Guidelines

3.    2 checks made payable to Greenwood at Tustin Legacy; one for a refundable $500.00 deposit and one for a nonrefundable review fee per the fee schedule on page 18.

4.    Color photos of the current conditions of the location where the improvement(s) will take place

5.    Color photos of all proposed hardscape materials

6.    If artificial turf will be installed, please include a small sample along with the specifications sheet (pile height, face weight, thatch, etc.)

7.    Any structures to be installed above grade level require an elevation drawing

Here is a link to the PDF Design Guidelines I received -https://app.box.com/shared/static/210bpmdi3jyys769hcod7aizlpidt2qz.pdf
qwertranslation #2: Ain't got time for that!!

hehegrl said:
We also got a Plan 2 :D .  We closed and moved into our new house in December. There were some minor bumps here but everything else has been good. The only thing right now is that we have to make weekly trips to USPS for our mail since they are still not delivering it.  Hopefully by February (if not sooner) they will start doing that.  :D

Congrats on your new home! We got our keys on Christmas Eve and moved in that Saturday. My husband was at the local post office to pick up our mail and they said they would start their route through Greenwood within a week or two tops.

I just picked up my mail at the Tustin P.O. on Monday Jan 11th (two days ago) and was told there have been enough houses sold to deliver the mail but not moved into and there is no estimate for them to start delivery.

bleudyno said:
Congratulations!  What street are you on?  If USPS doesn't have service yet, how are you getting your email?  Is it being held at the post office?  Any other issues that you have had to deal with since moving in?  I still have a little over a month to go before we close so I hope everything will be worked out by then.

Yah we go to the post office to pick up the mail. 

Be sure to test everything after you move in.  In one of our rooms, the ethernet port was not working correctly and found out that the CAT5 cable was damaged inside the wall.  We put in a work order and they came fixed it for us already.

hehegrl said:
bleudyno said:
Congratulations!  What street are you on?  If USPS doesn't have service yet, how are you getting your email?  Is it being held at the post office?  Any other issues that you have had to deal with since moving in?  I still have a little over a month to go before we close so I hope everything will be worked out by then.

Yah we go to the post office to pick up the mail. 

Be sure to test everything after you move in.  In one of our rooms, the ethernet port was not working correctly and found out that the CAT5 cable was damaged inside the wall.  We put in a work order and they came fixed it for us already.

Agree with this.  We had the surround sound speaker system installed, and one of the speakers is not working.  We have a work order in, but are still waiting.

Ready2Downsize said:
I just picked up my mail at the Tustin P.O. on Monday Jan 11th (two days ago) and was told there have been enough houses sold to deliver the mail but not moved into and there is no estimate for them to start delivery.

Thanks for the update!

I guess more trips to the post office.

FYI to all that moved in.  My husband came back from the post office and we found our neighbors mail in ours. I went to return it to them... I guess that's one way to meet our neighbor :D

I am hoping this issued will be fixed by the time I move in.....What about other services like internet and TV?  I am looking into ATT Uverse and my address seems to work on their website for service.  Has anyone used Uverse?

bleudyno said:
I am hoping this issued will be fixed by the time I move in.....What about other services like internet and TV?  I am looking into ATT Uverse and my address seems to work on their website for service.  Has anyone used Uverse?

I live next door in Columbus square, just go with Cox.

If I have the option, I would actually prefer to go with Uverse.  I had it before and loved it.  The internet speeds are super fast and the reliability of the connection was awesome.  Bundle it up with their TV service and the packages are pretty well priced.

Your only option right now is Uverse and DirecTV.  Cox will not be able to service Greenwood for a long time.  Plus, Cox sucks and I am happy that I no longer have to deal with them.

I have Directv for TV & Uverse for Internet.  Works great so far.  If you need business type internet speeds, then you may want to switch to Cox once they pull their heads out of you know what.

Uverse only goes up to 75 mbps.  Cox you can get up to 350 I believe, but obviously pay more money.

I signed up through Costco and received a $300 Costco gift card.  Also when I signed up for Uverse, I am getting a $100 Visa gift card mailed to me.

I would have to double check, but I think Directv was a 2 year agreement and Uverse we can get out without penalty after the first year.

Hope this helps.

Wow, I am quite surprised Cox isn't already part of Greenwood's tech plans (or at least some cable provider....Comcast, whoever). Seems very disorganized to me that it isn't. I just presumed in any new civilized area (this isn't some rogue project out in the middle of nowhere or no name development, you are talking option of some form of cable company or leveraging DSL or higher speed internet through a Uverse / FIOS type set up. 

Plus, I presume Cox already services the rest of the Tustin Legacy / Villages of Colombus Area (unless I'm mistaken) so odd that their infrastructure wouldn't already be in. 

Bullsback said:
Wow, I am quite surprised Cox isn't already part of Greenwood's tech plans (or at least some cable provider....Comcast, whoever). Seems very disorganized to me that it isn't. I just presumed in any new civilized area (this isn't some rogue project out in the middle of nowhere or no name development, you are talking option of some form of cable company or leveraging DSL or higher speed internet through a Uverse / FIOS type set up. 

Plus, I presume Cox already services the rest of the Tustin Legacy / Villages of Colombus Area (unless I'm mistaken) so odd that their infrastructure wouldn't already be in.

Who cares.  Cable TV and internet, regardless of provider (Comcast, Cox, etc.), are all terrible and overpriced. 

DJW1705 said:
Bullsback said:

Who cares.  Cable TV and internet, regardless of provider (Comcast, Cox, etc.), are all terrible and overpriced.
Actually, when you don't have competition, it can be bad for you and your prices (maybe not satellite but Uverse). Look at places where Googlefiber is and what the cable companies charge (and let me give you a hint, it isn't near what they charge here). In the case of Greenwood...if your only option is Uverse of Satellite than you have very few options and they could, ultimately opt to charge you different rates.   

And I have Uverse but Cox's internet is hands down superior. Isn't even a debate. 

So we closed before Thanksgiving and NO internet/tv (in addition to no mail). Really, come on! So HUGE problem for me. Can't print an invoice, can't access of what I need with my phone (in addition to the cost for data.... unfortunately Verizon took away my unlimited data a few weeks before we moved), can't attach pix with my phone for custom orders, etc. Can't shop for home furnishings on line, check out contractors, etc.

It was boring. No neighbors, no tv, no cable, limited data on my phone and hubby at work all day. Only so many redbox videos and old dvds I can watch before I go stir crazy. Hubby finally set up OTA TV but that did nothing for the bigger problem of no internet.

Called cox and uverse every other day. Cox CSR's had a variety of responses....... we don't service that area, try cablemover to find out who does, cablemover is always wrong, don't trust that site!, builder is mistaken, Just because there is some metal box in the ground that says COX on it, doesn't mean it's OUR Cox...... probably some other Cox, try them! LOL!, no idea WHEN if EVER we will be there, etc.

Uverse signed me up....... three times and then within an hour cancelled saying they had some kind of issue so I cancelled it thinking that might get them moving seeing cancellation orders.

After three weeks a guy shows up in front of my neighbor's house pulling cable from the ground. I'm thinking............ CABLE GUY! Go out and talk to him.... Uverse is HERE! Says to wait till Monday to make sure it's on but he's activating it TODAY! I say oh, ok.

Called Cox to tell them Uverse if pulling cable from the ground. WHEN r u going to be here? After a long hold............. at least 30 days.

Soon as Uverse guy is done, I call Uverse to sign up again and the installer is here the next day!!! He said every neighbor on the street was at his truck asking if he's the cable guy!!! Told me they would be waiting two weeks for their service since they were going to be backed up by the demand and good thing I called yesterday!

Cox still not here huh? Uverse is cheaper than I was paying Cox and the speed is fine. (No gaming but I do stream a lot of videos). Can't say anything about the TV service. Kept the OTA. I don't watch a lot of regular TV.

Uverse is the only way to go here I guess. Fine by me.

Back