Great Park: Richmond American - Birch Trail

jmoney74 said:
capboba said:
#FARM said:
Birchtrail has one of the best locations in the community.. No road noise, no toll way noise and your'e so close to the pool.  If only they had bettery layouts.

not to resurface dead threads but this is basically why we picked it out of the bunch in PP (beyond the price point and what remained, that is)

its funny that none of the floor plan felt perfect to us too, but the home will be for the parents later so we tried to get what fits them best. plan 3 is best bang for the buck but i'm not sure what they'll do with 5 bedrooms later. also thought about sage II seriously as they had a downstair master.

sprung for the one of the few lots with a driveway because a motorcourt home at this price range (even if its "cheap" for Irvine) feels insane - though that seems to be the theme at play now.

although I doubt we would have been able to get that 10k off asking price for the premium lot, in hindsight we should have paid more attention to inventory and probably tried to get more incentives out of the design/profit center.

all in all birch trail isn't THAT bad if you get one of the lots with a driveway and again its location within the community is fairly decent.

With the driveway.. I think you got a good deal (for Irvine at least).  Honestly, the only thing I didn't like about the home was the kitchen Island.  I liked the layout otherwise.  Wife and I wanted an Island we could sit and eat at.  Outside of that.. 5 bedrooms.. big master closet.. driveway.. two rooms downstairs/three up.  It's pretty good.

actually we got the plan 1. haha... just meant that plan 3 in my opinion is best bang for the buck. thought seriously about plan 3 but will probably be forced to live with the in-laws then!

plan 1 makes sense for just the two of them later. the major cons of plan 3 is the island as you mentioned and the smallish great room. plan 1 had an actual island that can have seats/stools with a larger great room for entertaining.

the wasted space from the stairs/hallway in plan 1 is a drag but it is what it is.

agreed though that the lot with the driveways are where its at. plus each of those lots will have a healthy side distance between homes. felt decent for irvine:

http://imgur.com/jnkm7NJ

jnkm7NJl.jpg

(edit: that attachment was ridiculous to view)

Wow they sell Birch Trail with a driveway?!?  Even if it's a $50k - $60k premium it would be a pretty good deal.

I think they must be building a number of these on Cloudbreak?  If yes then I agree, one of the best locations in PP.  I live very close by and it's nice and quiet here, minus the temporary construction traffic in the mornings.

I noticed these homes on my walks around neighborhood and kept thinking wow these are the lucky few who got their own driveway and no motor court and they look really nice. Better to get in early and get those premium lots. Congrats. 

Congrats Cap!

How much did you get the Plan 1 for and when?

capboba said:
jmoney74 said:
capboba said:
#FARM said:
Birchtrail has one of the best locations in the community.. No road noise, no toll way noise and your'e so close to the pool.  If only they had bettery layouts.

not to resurface dead threads but this is basically why we picked it out of the bunch in PP (beyond the price point and what remained, that is)

its funny that none of the floor plan felt perfect to us too, but the home will be for the parents later so we tried to get what fits them best. plan 3 is best bang for the buck but i'm not sure what they'll do with 5 bedrooms later. also thought about sage II seriously as they had a downstair master.

sprung for the one of the few lots with a driveway because a motorcourt home at this price range (even if its "cheap" for Irvine) feels insane - though that seems to be the theme at play now.

although I doubt we would have been able to get that 10k off asking price for the premium lot, in hindsight we should have paid more attention to inventory and probably tried to get more incentives out of the design/profit center.

all in all birch trail isn't THAT bad if you get one of the lots with a driveway and again its location within the community is fairly decent.

With the driveway.. I think you got a good deal (for Irvine at least).  Honestly, the only thing I didn't like about the home was the kitchen Island.  I liked the layout otherwise.  Wife and I wanted an Island we could sit and eat at.  Outside of that.. 5 bedrooms.. big master closet.. driveway.. two rooms downstairs/three up.  It's pretty good.

actually we got the plan 1. haha... just meant that plan 3 in my opinion is best bang for the buck. thought seriously about plan 3 but will probably be forced to live with the in-laws then!

plan 1 makes sense for just the two of them later. the major cons of plan 3 is the island as you mentioned and the smallish great room. plan 1 had an actual island that can have seats/stools with a larger great room for entertaining.

the wasted space from the stairs/hallway in plan 1 is a drag but it is what it is.

agreed though that the lot with the driveways are where its at. plus each of those lots will have a healthy side distance between homes. felt decent for irvine:

http://imgur.com/jnkm7NJ

jnkm7NJl.jpg

(edit: that attachment was ridiculous to view)

Thanks all. Sorry for late replies but got a bit busy with the design/profit centers heh.

#FARM said:
How much are the homes with the driveways going for?

I think each lots will have a different premium.. our lot premium was $30k. can't imagine some of the other ones going for much more. probably 50k max.

aquabliss said:
Wow they sell Birch Trail with a driveway?!?  Even if it's a $50k - $60k premium it would be a pretty good deal.

I think they must be building a number of these on Cloudbreak?  If yes then I agree, one of the best locations in PP.  I live very close by and it's nice and quiet here, minus the temporary construction traffic in the mornings.

yep. ours was 30k so i felt OK about it. its not the ones with single loaded street but oh well. we couldn't wait that long for that particular phase to eventually open (it'll be the parking lot near the model homes) - plus we were able to get the elevation we wanted.

not on cloudbreak but close. (i believe cloudbreak is a different neighborhood) its cloudbreak/prospect (further to the east). glad to hear its nice and quiet :)

ocbird said:
I noticed these homes on my walks around neighborhood and kept thinking wow these are the lucky few who got their own driveway and no motor court and they look really nice. Better to get in early and get those premium lots. Congrats.

i think the first 1-2 phase ppl got the best value. they were all priced much more attractive then. thanks for the congrats!

FranchisePlr said:
Congrats Cap!

How much did you get the Plan 1 for and when?

739k + 30k for the lot premium and then whatever else we ending up having to spend at the design center. we signed the papers in early June?

all in all i think 769k for a 1800 sq ft home in irvine with a driveway is not too bad. but then i think things did started to slow down too in PP

OS said:
What are the mello roos and HOAs at Birch Trail? Total effective tax rate (I cringe, but we can all understand it that way)?

The Melloroos at Birch trail, as i recall, were 6K per year.  HOA is the same as other PP residents.. which is right now at about 155.

thelandofnoland said:
Mello-roos for Birch Trail is $4,400 to $5,400.

orly?  They must have adjusted the MRs.  Good deal.  well not good.. but better.

Sorry if this is a weird question but we'll be leasing a plan 1 (Neil) at the end of the month and haven't been able to get back in to do any measurements! Would someone who has a "Neil" be willing to measure the front bedroom for me? LOL Or happen to just know? I'm guessing it's around 11 x 10 but really need to know as we're ordering new furniture. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks so much! :)

Back