Great Park Neighborhood Homeowners, how do you like it?

Burn That Belly said:
If Mayor Wagner comes up with the plan for the veterans and women's homeless housing on Alton/Irvine blvd., we're going to start seeing folks like this drive around GP. These are the kind of "screened" people that are not "smelly enough" to be classified as homeless but they qualify for the rehabilitation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDPjiZRt6U

wouldn't be much of a step down from the current driver pool to be honest. almost got hit by a car walking across the crosswalk on sand canyon the other day.

Burn That Belly said:
If Mayor Wagner comes up with the plan for the veterans and women's homeless housing on Alton/Irvine blvd., we're going to start seeing folks like this drive around GP. These are the kind of "screened" people that are not "smelly enough" to be classified as homeless but they qualify for the rehabilitation:
New tag line for GPN: land and residents getting clean together!

This is biased because I live in Beacon Park, however I simply love it.

* The Park area is nice, and I love walking around the neighborhood; I even walk to the GP and enjoy having it all be pretty accessible.  I can't wait for the Bosque and the other sides of the park to open

* The layout encourages open space, and so I can really take in the feel of the neighborhood - although the homes, townhomes & condos can have very different designs, there is still an overall theme that fits well together

* I love seeing people out and about whether it is kids playing in the park, adults walking around with significant others, people walking their pets, etc. etc.  The sounds of kids playing doesn't annoy me, and I can't notice it inside despite the fact I'm very close to the park.  But to walk outside and hear it is a good sign of "life" versus the deadness I tend to see in IRV Villages :)

* The water friendly landscaping is well done and I appreciate it more than a green patch of grass

* IMO parking is excellent and well done; I can park basically on any street, on any side.  There is plenty of street parking all over.  As far as it feeling "narrow", I blame that to people trying to drive too fast in a residential neighborhood

* For all the people screaming FCB, I see a pretty good diverse group out and about.  Interestingly enough, the ones who are clearer FCBs tend to smile and say hi more as I stroll about

What I don't like
* There is a person about 10 units down that tends to smoke in the morning and nights on his patio; I feel sad for his direct neighbors.  Walking past there i see a lot of cigarette butts just dispersed all over.  I wonder if its a HOA violation, but don't want to be "that neighbor" that nit picks...because people could probably complain about me.  But I can't help but feel frustrated if I had to live next to that after paying ~700K for a townhome.

* Assuming its allowed in the HOA (probably not) I would have loved to plant some Dwarf Fruit trees, but I'm not going to take the risk with the potential of contamination (although that should be hundreds of feet below us, but I'd just rather not risk it)

* There should be better access to GP - a Bridge from PP into GP.  Right now I walk across the street with all the construction.  Hopefully that is in the works.

* There should have been better access to Woodbury Shopping Plaza - I rode my Orange bike there and got a flat going across the 133 - an elevated walkway would have been nice.  I ride a lot so i wasn't fearful, but I can see how that would scare others.

* Traffic is fine now, but I knew from Day 1 that it was going to get terrible.  They needed a willingness to build serious infrastructure, because it is clear that they accept a vision of Downtown LA Gridlock.

Back