Great Park: Lennar - Rosemist

irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:
The Plan 2 is actually lot 25.  There is a slope on Ridge Valley.
Is there a slope off of Portola Parkway?

Yes, if you look at the property on the other side, lot 29, it is essentially the same side sloped house up to portola.  There is basically a 5 foot setback from the home to the edge of the slope, so only enough space to use as a sideyard walking path.  The homes are set about 20 feet below the top of the wall with only the roofs peeking up over the wall off of portola.  It is a tall and deep slope.  The slope coming from ridge valley is much smaller and doesn't go up nearly as high.  The pad is only marginally bigger on the sloped lots which is why there isn't much of a lot premium for the lots with larger indicated sq footage. 

A sloped lot is good for privacy (if you are backing a road) but bad for landscaping and rain.

I don't like being on a slope if it's a neighbor... I feel like a serf.

irvinehomeowner said:
A sloped lot is good for privacy (if you are backing a road) but bad for landscaping and rain.

I don't like being on a slope if it's a neighbor... I feel like a serf.

Another thing with backing to a road - if it is a big road like Portola, or a feeder road like ridge valley, they often plant trees on the street side of the wall that will ultimately grow quite tall.  During big storms and high winds, all the crap from these huge trees can blow into your yard and make a huge mess.

Just got an email from Lennar saying they are releasing their final phase.

How many homes did they build? That seems pretty fast to me... about 9 months.

Are any other PP homes on their last phase?

irvinehomeowner said:

Pulte Homes is already sold out. Taylor Morrison (Springhouse) and William Lyon (Whistler) are starting construction on their parking lots, suggesting that they are also in final phases.

irvinehomeowner said:

Lennar Roundtree is in it's final phase.  Beachwood is still available I think?

Rosemist buyers in Phase 1 are really cashing in!!! $$$

Plan 1) $1,228,490
Plan 2) $1,257,790
Plan 3) $1,368,490

Back