garr PS willow or tustin scymore grove x_x

PS willow:
+ amazing layout and great use of space on 1868 sqft (i prefer smaller rooms, and more space dedicated to common areas)
+ schools all 10/10/10 (no plans for kids next 7 years easy)
+ have actual community areas to use (swimming, parks, centers, etc)
+ MR is defnitely paying for nice areas, and I like to cycle around the places (although its not that hard to access it anyways as I'm currently in tustin and will ocaaisonally cycle down there)
+ 100% safe, especially street parking
+ corner unit
+ full suite of appliances (although i have ~2 year old samsung washer/dryer so not sure what to do there)
- parking somewhat limited, so will have to go to street parking but atleast its safe
- MR and HOA add up quite a bit (~600/month)
- about 45min-1hour away from business areas near john wayne (currently 20 min away) and I partially dread this, but I know that its dumb to prevent I'm going to be at a single job forever, so maybe I'll be pivoted towards south county in the future
- further away from core of city....much further, but hey, easy to access inland empire if i want to pay the toll (kind of sarcastic)
- HOA kind of insane, can't even put nice 1600 dollar road bike on the patio
- not even 25 sqft for a small garden for myself, patio is limited
- tandem garage (although, its an oversized tandom in length and width)
- its a townhome, and someone lives below you oops and its kinda 4 floors (walking doesn't bother me) or 3 floors depending how you count
- literally next to 241, but doesn't bother me and its only high traffic during rush hours

Tustin sycamore grove:
+ deattached condo with ~1900 sqft
+ has a small backyard perfectly sized for my green thumb (4x10ft^2)
+ elementary/middle/HS nearby (hell middle school is across the street)
+ easy access to basically everything - any future job (whether closer towards LB, or south towards AV) is still positioned well
+ no MR, and low (~150/month) HOA means this ~750K home puts me in the same affordability as a ~650K willow
+ corner unit
- HOA is a joke, and those cheapo common areas will definitely rust over the years; I doubt anyone will use it
- layout just isn't inspiring (massive Master, the size of the living room) and feels smaller - it feels like early 2000s design instead of 2016
- Schools are meh (i'm thinking about property values, do districts even really improve???) which is obviously why its so cheeap (this would be 850K if it was in irvine)
- Parking super limited in the development because its so small, so go park on main street (should be safe...i mean its next to a middle school, but just not sure because most of the area looks like low income rentals and 60s homes)
- doesn't come with a fridge, so I'll bring along my venerable 16 year old fridge
- not sure how much of a dip this place will take on the 'next correction'.
- within 1000 feet of the 5 fwy, but I don't really hear it

Both are basically the same monthly outlay for me garrrrrr. is my subconcious saying anything that i'm not noticing here?  I'm going to live here 5-7 years and then turn this boy into a rental likely. predicting this far in the future is impossible, and too bad I just can't buy both.

Tustin sycamore grove zoned for Tustin High School. (No go)

noMoneyBackin2011 said:
PS willow:
+ amazing layout and great use of space on 1868 sqft (i prefer smaller rooms, and more space dedicated to common areas)
+ MR is defnitely paying for nice areas, and I like to cycle around the places (although its not that hard to access it anyways as I'm currently in tustin and will ocaaisonally cycle down there)
+ corner unit
+ full suite of appliances (although i have ~2 year old samsung washer/dryer so not sure what to do there)
- parking somewhat limited, so will have to go to street parking but atleast its safe
- about 45min-1hour away from business areas near john wayne (currently 20 min away) and I partially dread this, but I know that its dumb to prevent I'm going to be at a single job forever, so maybe I'll be pivoted towards south county in the future
- further away from core of city....much further, but hey, easy to access inland empire if i want to pay the toll (kind of sarcastic)
- its a townhome, and someone lives below you oops and its kinda 4 floors (walking doesn't bother me) or 3 floors depending how you count
- literally next to 241, but doesn't bother me and its only high traffic during rush hours

Tustin sycamore grove:
+ easy access to basically everything - any future job (whether closer towards LB, or south towards AV) is still positioned well
+ no MR, and low (~150/month) HOA means this ~750K home puts me in the same affordability as a ~650K willow
+ corner unit
- HOA is a joke, and those cheapo common areas will definitely rust over the years; I doubt anyone will use it
- layout just isn't inspiring (massive Master, the size of the living room) and feels smaller - it feels like early 2000s design instead of 2016
- Schools are meh (i'm thinking about property values, do districts even really improve???) which is obviously why its so cheeap (this would be 850K if it was in irvine)
- Parking super limited in the development because its so small, so go park on main street (should be safe...i mean its next to a middle school, but just not sure because most of the area looks like low income rentals and 60s homes)
- doesn't come with a fridge, so I'll bring along my venerable 16 year old fridge

Both are basically the same monthly outlay for me garrrrrr. is my subconcious saying anything that i'm not noticing here?  I'm going to live here 5-7 years and then turn this boy into a rental likely. predicting this far in the future is impossible, and too bad I just can't buy both.

noMoneyBackin2011 said:
eyephone said:
Tustin sycamore grove zoned for Tustin High School. (No go)

noMoneyBackin2011 said:
PS willow:
+ corner unit

Tustin sycamore grove:
+ corner unit

??? 8/10 score?  What is wrong with it?

the zoned schools for Tustin sycamore grove:

Marjorie Veeh Elementary School = 3
Utt Middle School = 7
Tustin High School = 8

[as of 2/4/17]

eyephone said:
the zoned schools for Tustin sycamore grove:

Marjorie Veeh Elementary School = 3
Utt Middle School = 7
Tustin High School = 8

[as of 2/4/17]

realistically speaking, do school districts ever improve?  i.e. 10 years from now tustin goes solid 8/10s?

YellowFever said:
I'm going to give you a real piece of advice.

The best place to buy now factoring in all of these:
1) school district/zones
2) low Mello Roos
3) location, distance from fwy, towne center
4) amenities
5) demand for future resale
6) current sale pace
7) no apartments !

is Eastwood.  Go buy something in Eastwood.  There's a reason why Petaluma and Helena are the top 2 sellers.

1) eastwood - as mentioned why above
2) orchard hills - but costs are higher
3) cypress village east - costs and MR is lower than EW and OH but location not the best
4) portola - if you're on a real tight budget....
5) hidden canyon - if you wanna be baller
6) quail hill - if you don't mind getting robbed or your home broken into often...
7) anything "Park" neighborhoods - get ready to pay much higher MR and be close to the toxic TCE plume, cemetary, etc.
8.) woodbury - great location to towne center, mostly terrible floor plans compared to today
9) cypress village - noise and particle dust from 5fwy. your neighbors are mostly Chinese Asians, loud cars, and definitely 4 pregnant chinese ladies on every street

Did I sum it up for you?

Well considering I already said PS Willow...which is the cheapest IRV has to offer...means I can't avoid anything else in Irvine lol.

I was thinking about these two particular choices, but you get 10/10 for making me laugh.

Back