Frustrated with lack of retail

House of Shabu is just a bit run down, but you also get AYCE appetizers (rolls, dumplings etc)... not as extensive as Dada and no shave ice for dessert.

I think all the Shabu places are pretty similar when it comes to the main thing... I've tried Dada, Miyabi and House.

Since the meat cuts are almost the same, someone should really get on that combo BBQ/Shabu like they have in Foothill Ranch (Halves?) and put one in Irvine. Miyabi has something like that at lunch... but haven't tried it (not sure if they do it for dinner now too).

It just kills me that all these cook your own places like shabu and KBBQ are so expensive... I'm doing all the work!!! :)

irvinehomeowner said:
It just kills me that all these cook your own places like shabu and KBBQ are so expensive... I'm doing all the work!!! :)

The guys that come around with the scissors are highly skilled though.  It can't be cheap to have them on the payroll.

One day, with enough practice, you too may become a master meat cutter.  :D

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

The guys that come around with the scissors are highly skilled though.  It can't be cheap to have them on the payroll.

One day, with enough practice, you too may become a master meat cutter.  :D

The KBBQ places we go to, we have to cut it ourselves too.... serenity now!!

Back