Fresco @ Eastwood Village

BlackKnight said:
For those who plan to get built-in fridge, a friend of mine just ordered 42? sub-zero and it?ll take 6 months to a year to get it.

We're planning to order a 36" sub-zero classic side-by-side one. I guess I should order it ASAP.

Did you friend order from a local retailer?

CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
For those who plan to get built-in fridge, a friend of mine just ordered 42? sub-zero and it?ll take 6 months to a year to get it.

Furgison appliances in OC.  He said if you want one with professional handle, it will take up to a year and 1/2.

We're planning to order a 36" sub-zero classic side-by-side one. I guess I should order it ASAP.

Did you friend order from a local retailer?

BlackKnight said:

Ordered and purchased a 48? sub-zero from Pacific Sales back in September.  Still waiting with no eta.  I think 6+ months waiting left. 

Goriot said:
BlackKnight said:

Ordered and purchased a 48? sub-zero from Pacific Sales back in September.  Still waiting with no eta.  I think 6+ months waiting left.

We have a 48" subzero with ice dispenser in the door and I wouldn't get it again. It takes up way too much of the freezer/refrigerator real estate (unless they have changed how that fits in.

Otherwise, it's been a nice fridge.

Ready2Downsize said:
Goriot said:
BlackKnight said:

We have a 48" subzero with ice dispenser in the door and I wouldn't get it again. It takes up way too much of the freezer/refrigerator real estate (unless they have changed how that fits in.

Mine was configured w/o water dispenser to save space.
No one makes better fridge than SZ. I have 36 french door and its built quality is like a tank. I notice fruits and veggie stay fresh longer than the xtra fridge in the garage.

BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Goriot said:
BlackKnight said:

Mine was configured w/o water dispenser to save space.
No one makes better fridge than SZ. I have 36 french door and its built quality is like a tank. I notice fruits and veggie stay fresh longer than the xtra fridge in the garage.

I have no problems with the fridge but the ice maker in the door takes up way too much space (from both the freezer/fridge sections).

I previously had a GE monogram 42" built in fridge in my last house and had no problems with it either but it had way more room than the 48" subzero and it also had ice dispenser in the door.

Remodeling the kitchen. Ordered appliances in August. Confirmed delivery the week Jan 15. 6 months from order to receipt seems to be the present normal. Plan accordingly.

My .02c

I just ordered the Sub-zero 36" classic side-by-side from Renwes. ETA is early September (arriving in Fontana end of August and another week to come out to Lake Forest).

CalBears96 said:
I just ordered the Sub-zero 36" classic side-by-side from Renwes. ETA is early September (arriving in Fontana end of August and another week to come out to Lake Forest).

Same model as mine with bottom freezer. I got from Pacific Sales w/ 10% credit. Took me less than 6 months to get it since big box retailers tend to get these SZ fridges faster. How much are you paying for it?

BlackKnight said:
CalBears96 said:

Same model as mine with bottom freezer. I got from Pacific Sales w/ 10% credit. Took me less than 6 months to get it since big box retailers tend to get these SZ fridges faster. How much are you paying for it?

The one you bought is french door with bottom freezer. I just called Renwes because it's closest to PS. I got it for $10,839. MRSP for mine is $11,525, but for yours it's $12,335. Maybe I should have called Pacific Sales. Oh well.

It seems that a couple of builders in Great Park and Orchard Hills are doing biding even for new homes, any idea whether Fresco can change to that?  :'(

huuur said:
It seems that a couple of builders in Great Park and Orchard Hills are doing biding even for new homes, any idea whether Fresco can change to that?  :'(

That?s messed up. Do you know which builders?  I?ve heard Lennar in SD was doing this but not in Irvine.

BlackKnight said:
huuur said:

That?s messed up. Do you know which builders?  I?ve heard Lennar in SD was doing this but not in Irvine.
Wasn't Pulte homes doing it in great park?

BlackKnight said:
huuur said:

I think Taylor Morrison is doing the bidding for Palermo at OH.

According to Bluffs sales lady, IP won't go the bidding route. They will stay with the waitlist and whatever the released price.

CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
huuur said:

According to Bluffs sales lady, IP won't go the bidding route. They will stay with the waitlist and whatever the released price.
Lol with IP raising prices like they always do, there is no need for bidding bc no one would bid that high to begin with. They want to control the Irvine pricing as much as possible.

sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
huuur said:

Lol with IP raising prices like they always do, there is no need for bidding bc no one would bid that high to begin with. They want to control the Irvine pricing as much as possible.

You obviously have been under a rock. Have you seen long list of pre approval buyers waiting to get a IP lot? I?ve heard stories from few sale reps that some of these buyers willing to offer $100k premium to be in front of the list but that?s not how IP waiting list works.

BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
huuur said:

You obviously have been under a rock. Have you seen long list of pre approval buyers waiting to get a IP lot? I?ve heard stories from few sale reps that some of these buyers willing to offer $100k premium to be in front of the list but that?s not how IP waiting list works.

Yeah, if IP allowed bidding, then buyers will definitely bid for the good lots when released. So I don't know where sleepy gets the idea that no one would bid for IP's homes.

BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
huuur said:

maybe I am living under a rock. Look at cetara prices and how much it has gone up thanks to IP forcing Shea to do so. They were calling September folks for the last release but had to start pinging people in January to finally sell the homes. This is WITHOUT bidding... I was told there are at least 300+ on the list where 60% were cash buyers.

Sure we are talking about homes in the 3m range and that can be different than homes in 1.5-2m range... But do I think everyone on the waiting list will pounce on IP homes if they had a chance? I don't. Because one can only bid so much until they think it's not worth it. Also, subjective remark but IP floor plans are meh.... Master baths are tiny compared to Shea like Ravello for instance..

sleepy5136 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
huuur said:

maybe I am living under a rock. Look at cetara prices and how much it has gone up thanks to IP forcing Shea to do so. They were calling September folks for the last release but had to start pinging people in January to finally sell the homes. This is WITHOUT bidding... I was told there are at least 300+ on the list where 60% were cash buyers.

Sure we are talking about homes in the 3m range and that can be different than homes in 1.5-2m range... But do I think everyone on the waiting list will pounce on IP homes if they had a chance? I don't. Because one can only bid so much until they think it's not worth it. Also, subjective remark but IP floor plans are meh.... Master baths are tiny compared to Shea like Ravello for instance..

All I can tell you is that the IP homes in PS don't make it to the people not on the list. And yes, there aren't many people who can afford the $3M range, but anything under $2M goes right away.

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
BlackKnight said:
huuur said:

All I can tell you is that the IP homes in PS don't make it to the people not on the list. And yes, there aren't many people who can afford the $3M range, but anything under $2M goes right away.
That?s because there is literally no supply and no bidding. If you throw in bidding, half the people on the list will leave and wait for resale. You have to understand that one can only bid up so much for new homes as they have to do upgrades for the home.

Back