Fraudulent sellers

Zenyatta1

Just as I am closing on my new home, someone I know does the same with an older home.  His story is a nightmare.  After the deal closes, he goes in and finds damage to the home that the sellers clearly covered up.  The inspector didn't catch it, and it's so bad that they cannot move in.  He says he doesn't know when he and his family CAN move.

It's an absolute nightmare that they wish they had never gone forward with.

Anyone have any advice for a situation like this?  Are there any good real estate attorneys that come recommended by any of you?  Any feedback would be appreciated.

If the buyer can proof previous owner knowingly cover up the damages and did not disclose it, the buyer will have a good case to seek compensations.

Did your friend's purchase came with 1 year home warranty insurance?

I don't know how common it is but a lot of private seller purchase 1 year home warranty insurance for the buyer just in case something goes wrong in the very first year. 

Zenyatta1 said:
"After the deal closes, he goes in and finds damage to the home that the sellers clearly covered up.  The inspector didn't catch it, and it's so bad that they cannot move in."

Please clarify.

Count-Rugen-8x6.jpg

And remember, this is for posterity, so be honest.

-Count Rugen

Back