FivePoint buys back Broadcom office campus in deal that could add 1,000 homes

WTTCHMN said:
IHO wants a 3CWG across the width of the house.  Bella is kind of cheating by rotating the garage 90 degrees.

Actually, that one model works... the 2nd floor layout is a bit bleh though.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I have warned you in 2006 and reminded you every other years thereafter 3CWG will never be built ever in Irvine and Irvine fringes. Even in the crappy Inland empire it is outlawed. You will have to go way out in Antelope Valley to find new built with it.

irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:
irvinehomeowner said:
The article is unclear but it may not be 1000 "houses".

It could be apartment homes like we see in the IBC.

Apartment homes?  You've been brainwashed by TIC.

I'm still fighting for the 3CWG... not all is lost!!!!

Or heaven forbid, Lake Forest!http://www.portolahills-homes.com/design-gallery/residence-sixhttp://www.portolahills-homes.com/design-gallery/residence-eight

Right IHO 3CWG is across the front with 3CWD in front. The front door and house to the side and behind the garage. He prefers the "o" plan where the rooms wrap around the stairs.

WTTCHMN said:
Rtlguru said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
I have warned you in 2006 and reminded you every other years thereafter 3CWG will never be built ever in Irvine and Irvine fringes. Even in the crappy Inland empire it is outlawed. You will have to go way out in Antelope Valley to find new built with it.

irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:
irvinehomeowner said:
The article is unclear but it may not be 1000 "houses".

It could be apartment homes like we see in the IBC.

Apartment homes?  You've been brainwashed by TIC.

I'm still fighting for the 3CWG... not all is lost!!!!

3cwg being built right now at Bella vista.

IHO wants a 3CWG across the width of the house.  Bella is kind of cheating by rotating the garage 90 degrees.

can't be a TI thread without dissolving to a discussion on 3CWG lol

anyways its too bad the Broadcom vision didn't pan out given Avago up and grabbed them. Irvine could use a large tech company having its HQ here and it should be a net positive to the region.

it sounds like even after lennar and 5P moves into these buildings, they still have about 1/3 of the office spaces to lease out. won't be pretty if they sit empty for long.

I personally agree in the jobs-to-housing balance that they're trying to preach - at the end of the day traffic super terrible if your live within biking distance of your work and retail space.

Aren't there nice parts to corona? Like Eastvale? I've never been but people say it's nice. Still hot but nice. The eastvale schools are supposed to be pretty good too. Again, just going off what I have been told.

irvinehomeowner said:
Yep... can't change the weather, the smell, the distance from everything (except Vegas) or the traffic.

I know people that live in Fontana that think it's the greatest place on earth. Central to Vegas, Palm Springs and only 45 mins fromOC/ beaches when taking the toll off the 91.
Whatever floats your boat, although you can get a mini McMansion with a resort style backyard out there for $600k.
I feel like they look down on our little Irvine homes with no backyard even though it costs more than double the price of their McMansion  ::)

Paris said:
I feel like they look down on our little Irvine homes with no backyard even though it costs more than double the price of their McMansion  ::)

Well one could argue there is a certain level of stupidity in paying a million dollars for 2000 sq ft.

qwerty said:
Paris said:

Well one could argue there is a certain level of stupidity in paying a million dollars for 2000 sq ft.

True. But there is a good probability you'll get most of your investment back when you sell your home located in Irvine or Newport (even in a down market).
Not sure that is always true for Corona or Fontana, esp during a down market. In real estate don't they always say location, location, location?
I would personally take my little home in Irvine over a McMansion in the IE anyday allday.

Back