Five car accident at Irvine & Culver?

paperboyNC

Anyone know what happened? Looked to me like a high speed collision in the intersection and some of the vehicles jumped the median and hit the line of vehicles looking to turn left from North Culver to Irvine.

paperboyNC said:
Anyone know what happened? Looked to me like a high speed collision in the intersection and some of the vehicles jumped the median and hit the line of vehicles looking to turn left from North Culver to Irvine.

Looked like 6-7 cars involved.  Saw people laying on the ground as help came... :( hope everyone is ok

Registered an account for this. I was there yesterday, waiting for a left turn from irvine blvd to culver east. I was the second car in line, and the first car blocked my vision to the intersection. However, from my dashcam, it seems like a white (Nissan?) SUV heading west on culver ran the red light and T-boned a BMW X6 that was heading south on Irvine and had the green light. Then the BMW hit several cars that were waiting to turn left onto Irvine blvd.

Hope the BMW driver was ok...but it seems like a serious accident.

zubs said:
give your dash cam recording to the popo

Email or call the Irvine Police Area Commander:

Portola Area Lieutenant Michael Kent
949-724-7059
mkent@cityofirvine.org

I got jammed in that traffic the other day.  I didn't know what happened since it didn't make the register, but it seemed like a huge accident. 

A couple of things are a mystery to me about this situation: what is going on with drivers driving like total sh-t for brains at 5:00 PM on local streets?  And why is that intersection so awful while being so unremarkable as well?  That intersection is where those high school girls died a year or two ago, by the way, that's what those flowers are for.  A drunk driver t-boned the benz they were in.

hzhn said:
Registered an account for this. I was there yesterday, waiting for a left turn from irvine blvd to culver east. I was the second car in line, and the first car blocked my vision to the intersection. However, from my dashcam, it seems like a white (Nissan?) SUV heading west on culver ran the red light and T-boned a BMW X6 that was heading south on Irvine and had the green light. Then the BMW hit several cars that were waiting to turn left onto Irvine blvd.

Hope the BMW driver was ok...but it seems like a serious accident.

A little confused here. Culver runs north and south. Irvine Blvd runs east and west.
Thanks for sharing the story but I am not following your direction.

Back