Fiora new homes

LAtoOC

This weekend the wife and I toured the new Shapell development in Laguna Niguel this past weekend (http://www.shapellhomes.com/communities/fiora-at-laguna-niguel)

1. Location is nice and convenient to 73/5/PCH. On a hill and most of the homes will have some type of view.
2. Plans 1 and 2 feel very open and big.
3. Downstairs bedroom is great for guests
4. Community is nice and HOA is $160 for pool, tot lot and guard gate
5. No Mello Roos (they advertise this a ton....)

Dislikes:
1. Plans 3/4 have a lot of wasted space
2. Secondary bedrooms upstairs are small
3. Lots are long and narrow, would prefer a little more space for that price.

Resales in the area are about the same price range (high 800s, low 900s) and seem to have bigger lots, so it will be interesting to see how this development moves.

They are also offering a 3% broker co-op

I believe all Shappell properties have a vaulted/grand view from the front door when entering the house to create the WOW factor.  I recall reading that somewhere.

Got an email from the developer - they sold out the first 3 phases and had a lottery for phase 4. Pricing is up $30k across the board (!?!@?)

These went from being "just above our max" to "no way in hell"

Oh well, maybe I can buy in Augusta before it is too late

i say we get USC to represent a group of us TI'ers and maybe we can negotiate a bulk discount over at Augusta.

homer_simpson said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
TI meet in front of the Augusta sales office this weekend?  :D

Gonna do a fat donut in the motorcourt and then drift around the sales office and the pocket park.
You should be OK since we are outside of Irvine PD authority.  haha

augusta has some really awesome floorplans and great value for your money.  i am sure if you even buy 2 together, you will get a deal. 

back to topic, we saw fiora before and liked them.  some of the houses have awesome views and i like how they made a balcony over the california rooms.  seemed like a good dual use and surprised that irvine pacific hasnt done the same

rkp said:
augusta has some really awesome floorplans and great value for your money.  i am sure if you even buy 2 together, you will get a deal. 

back to topic, we saw fiora before and liked them.  some of the houses have awesome views and i like how they made a balcony over the california rooms.  seemed like a good dual use and surprised that irvine pacific hasnt done the same

That's probably because of the postage stamp lot sizes in Irvine. The California Rooms require a city variance to be so close to the backyard wall. Otherwise you can reach and touch your neighbors from your balcony.

iacrenter said:
rkp said:

That's probably because of the postage stamp lot sizes in Irvine. The California Rooms require a city variance to be so close to the backyard wall. Otherwise you can reach and touch your neighbors from your balcony.

Yes but, think of the red towels!

Back