Feng shui

kayochan

We are looking at buying a home facing NW  in one of the new developments (we are West people).  Our feng shui consultant had an issue with the master bedroom in an inauspicious sector of South to South East.  We need more info on whether this is enough to forego this house, but our feng shui person isn't clear enough on this matter.  Can anyone recommend a feng shui expert they have used or heard good things about?

Thanks in advance. ??

IrvineNinja said:
We are looking at buying a home facing NW  in one of the new developments (we are West people).  Our feng shui consultant had an issue with the master bedroom in an inauspicious sector of South to South East.  We need more info on whether this is enough to forego this house, but our feng shui person isn't clear enough on this matter.  Can anyone recommend a feng shui expert they have used or heard good things about?

Thanks in advance. ??

Let go of your superstitions and buy a house you like. Makes life so much easier.

IrvineNinja said:

Thanks in advance. ??

Go to Yelp

IrvineNinja said:

Thanks in advance. ??

I read that some feng shui masters can use their chi to correct any potential feng shui issues.  Try to find one of these grand masters.

IrvineNinja said:
Our feng shui consultant had an issue with the master bedroom in an inauspicious sector of South to South East.  We need more info on whether this is enough to forego this house, but our feng shui person isn't clear enough on this matter.

Are you worried about feng shui because of future resale or because you believe it yourself? In feng shui, everything has a counter measure. The question is really how offensive is it. Other than major offenders like being at the end of an T intersection I wouldn't sweat it. You'd be hard pressed to find a house that is feng shui perfect.

OP, what if you found the perfect feng shui house with best chi, but it is located right next to a freeway, landfill, and a cell tower. Would you still buy it? Just curious.

superbobbay said:
OP, what if you found the perfect feng shui house with best chi, but it is located right next to a freeway, landfill, and a cell tower. Would you still buy it? Just curious.

What would the perfect feng shui house with the best chi give you?

All of what you mentioned are very bad elements in Feng shui to begin with. The community is Feng shui doomed. When the community is doomed no specific lots inside the community could have good Feng shui.

superbobbay said:

irvinehomeshopper said:
All of what you mentioned are very bad elements in Feng shui to begin with. The community is Feng shui doomed. When the community is doomed no specific lots inside the community could have good Feng shui.

superbobbay said:

It doesn't make sense though. So many new properties next to a landfill, yet FCBs snapping up property like crazy.

Yes my family is an influence as they have followed  feng shui for their homes and businesses and swears by it.  But they are from the old country and far away from us.  We are still new to the concept and quite confused with the different schools and sometimes conflicting approaches. Our consultant just got back to us with a final analysis of "not to buy" but did not explain why other than our master bedroom is in a bad sector.  Also asked him about the different approaches to facing and sitting directions.  It seems that classical feng shui looks at sitting direction to determine auspicious direction of the house but most modern practitioners look at the facing direction.  Our consultant informed us that it is always facing direction.  Our iPhone compass app we have been using uses sitting position.  We are completely confused. Our consultant is abroad and we need someone local to help us.  Hence looking for a referral to gain more insights and some education.

IrvineNinja said:
Yes my family is an influence as they have followed  feng shui for their homes and businesses and swears by it.  But they are from the old country and far away from us.  We are still new to the concept and quite confused with the different schools and sometimes conflicting approaches. Our consultant just got back to us with a final analysis of "not to buy" but did not explain why other than our master bedroom is in a bad sector.  Also asked him about the different approaches to facing and sitting directions.  It seems that classical feng shui looks at sitting direction to determine auspicious direction of the house but most modern practitioners look at the facing direction.  Our consultant informed us that it is always facing direction.  Our iPhone compass app we have been using uses sitting position.  We are completely confused. Our consultant is abroad and we need someone local to help us.  Hence looking for a referral to gain more insights and some education.

You're not confused. Logic and reason are difficult to ignore.

IrvineNinja said:

Your FS consultant issued a don't buy rating. So why are you asking again? 

eyephone said:
IrvineNinja said:

I would like to understand the rationale behind his pronoucements and make an informed decision.  If I cannot get a more detailed information from my current FS consultant other than "Not buy" because of the master bedroom, then I would like to gain further understanding as to the inner workings of this concept from another source. I would like to be able to make better decisions and spot issues as we continue our house hunting.

IrvineNinja said:
eyephone said:
IrvineNinja said:

I would like to understand the rational behind his pronoucements and make an informed decision.  If I cannot get a more detailed information from my current FS consultant other than "Not buy" because of the master bedroom, then I would like to gain further understanding as to the inner workings of this concept from another source so that I can make better decisions and spot issues as we continue our house hunting.

ra?tion?ale
?raSH??nal/Submit
noun
a set of reasons or a logical basis for a course of action or a particular belief.

There is your answer to the missing rationale.

Ready2Downsize said:
Since it seems it was because of the direction the house faced, did she recommend a different lot?

No, we only had two lots submitted to them.  Review of two lots and one floor plan was about $300.  If I wanted additional lots, then we would have had to pay $300 for the lot review (but only with putting them in order best to worst but with no rational - that would be extra), and then we would have to pay another $300 to get the floor plan reviewed.

I think I'll start a feng shui consulting business too.  I can justify the cost of my services by listing at least 2-3 areas of concern with each walkthrough, regardless of whether they are rooted in truth/fact or not.

Imagine if a FS consultant did a walkthrough, and in the end, responded with "yep, everything looks good"?  Consumer would be left standing there wondering "what exactly did I pay them for?".

Or maybe I'll just start a Tarot/Palm reading service out of my garage.  Same difference.

gasman said:
I think I'll start a feng shui consulting business too.  I can justify the cost of my services by listing at least 2-3 areas of concern with each walkthrough, regardless of whether they are rooted in truth/fact or not.

Imagine if a FS consultant did a walkthrough, and in the end, responded with "yep, everything looks good"?  Consumer would be left standing there wondering "what exactly did I pay them for?".

Or maybe I'll just start a Tarot/Palm reading service out of my garage.  Same difference.

Add Psychic and Medium to your neon sign because some think tarot card and palm reads are for silly folk.

Back