Fav hot sauce?

ps99472

Not a big siracha fan since it overpowers everything... So what do you use to put a little kick in the food you eat?  My coworkers go thru tapatio like water, finally tried it tonight with some rotisserie chicken and have to admit it brought the chkn to a new level.  Just enough to entice the buds and not obliterate the senses like Halal guys red sauce. 

ps9 said:
Not a big siracha fan since it overpowers everything... So what do you use to put a little kick in the food you eat?  My coworkers go thru tapatio like water, finally tried it tonight with some rotisserie chicken and have to admit it brought the chkn to a new level.  Just enough to entice the buds and not obliterate the senses like Halal guys red sauce.

Blasphemy

bitmaster20 said:
Anyone of the below depending on the cuisine:

• Sriracha
  • El Yucateco Green Habanero
  • Tabasco

That's two votes for the habanero sauce.  Putting that on my list

For mexican food, of all the main stream hot sauces, I loved Tapatio when I was in college, but now, my taste buds have evolved and now prefer Cholula.  Although the spicy salsa at Sharkey's Woodfire Grill is pretty good.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, Taco Bell mild sauce is hard to beat.

For asian foods, I usually just prefer plain old chili oil.  But since I'm not asian, I haven't been exposed to much else.  Sriracha is a big 'no' in my book.  The taste is too strong. 

Back