Famous Daves BBQ coming to the Irvine Marketplace

So we ate at Famous Dave's recently.

It's pretty much the same as Lucille's/Wood Ranch... nothing really spectacular as BBQ is the same to me.

Kids meals have pretty huge portions though... but my kid didn't really like the herb ranch.

I think we still like Wood Ranch more (or even Stonefire which isn't really a BBQ joint but they have BBQ food).

Had Famous Dave's two weeks ago. The brisket was really tender, and easily the best piece of the ~$46 combo meal we got. Too bad there was so little of it.

Lines were long (~25 min) but parking was pretty easy, just park near Chase bank and walk 1/4 mile. No big deal.

For me, much better than Lucille's dry BBQ!

irvinehomeowner said:
SubSolar said:
Someone wake me up when Phil's BBQ decides to open up here.
I don't get that place.

We waited over an hour in line and the food wasn't much better than most BBQ places.

Did you not have the baby back ribs? That's the only thing that stands out there to me.

irvinehomeowner said:
SubSolar said:
Someone wake me up when Phil's BBQ decides to open up here.
I don't get that place.

We waited over an hour in line and the food wasn't much better than most BBQ places.

I'll give it a shot.. I mean it's a chain how great can it be?

HMart said:
Had Famous Dave's two weeks ago. The brisket was really tender, and easily the best piece of the ~$46 combo meal we got. Too bad there was so little of it.

Lines were long (~25 min) but parking was pretty easy, just park near Chase bank and walk 1/4 mile. No big deal.

I got the 2 item combo....the brisket and pulled pork.  The brisket was horrible...tough like I got a slice from near the tendon (almost wanted to go back and complain).  The pork was good and so was the side of beans.  I won't be getting the brisket from there again that's for sure.  Portions are kinda small too.  I like Lucille's better.

USCTrojanCPA said:
HMart said:

I got the 2 item combo....the brisket and pulled pork.  The brisket was horrible...tough like I got a slice from near the tendon (almost wanted to go back and complain).  The pork was good and so was the side of beans.  I won't be getting the brisket from there again that's for sure.  Portions are kinda small too.  I like Lucille's better.

Well shit. Sounds like there's a serious quality control issue over there.

USCTrojanCPA said:
HMart said:

Yeah, try baby back ribs next time, their specialty. Have had beef ribs and chicken also at Phil's BBQ and they are nothing to write home about.

Lucille's is OK too, don't really like their ribs. Too tough, not fall off the bone like I like it. Their tri tip and hot links are good and apple butter they give with the bread is great.

SubSolar said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
HMart said:

Yeah, try baby back ribs next time, their specialty. Have had beef ribs and chicken also at Phil's BBQ and they are nothing to write home about.

Lucille's is OK too, don't really like their ribs. Too tough, not fall off the bone like I like it. Their tri tip and hot links are good and apple butter they give with the bread is great.
Ok, I'll try their baby back ribs and pork combo next time.  I've had brisket over in Austin when I went out to COTA and I think that spoiled it for me....never tasted such good brisket.  I was in a meat comma for about a week after I got back after having eaten so much meat in Texas.  One of the locals told me over there....our meat tastes better than your's in CA because you guys have liberal cows.  haha

Yeah... I had the same experience that USCT did with the brisket... it was tough and chewy.

Don't think there will be a next time.

The thing about Phil's is the line was forever and food wasn't amazeballs.

Back