Experiencing a Life filled with Peace, Joy, and Happiness

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Leviticus 24:19-21, reads, "And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him; breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again. And he that killeth a beast, he shall restore it: and he that killeth a man, he shall be put to death."

or

Exodus 21:24, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,

I respect you, eyephone. I?m not 100% sure what was your intention was to quote these, but that law was given to Israel when God led them out of Egypt to bring them into the promised land before they become a nation. And that law was meant to protect someone weaker since one could have abused someone who couldn?t protect themselves like widows or poor people at that time. It was never meant to be used as a personal retaliation or revenge. Jesus thus came and taught that very verse with completing in a full picture by saying,
?You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.? - Matthew 5:38-42

In a way, our society follows those principles that I previously mentioned. That being said, I say take an extra step to protect your family. Martial Arts: enroll your kid, go to the range, check your parameter on a nightly basis, get to know your neighbors

eyephone,

You are dead correct that our society tend to follow those principles you mentioned. I'm glad you are at least honest rather than trying to look all nice and holy.

When Jesus taught that message of turning the other cheek and giving cloaks, etc. it must have sounded like an impossibility to those who were hearing. That is exactly the point Jesus wanted to teach. We can't do that on our own. We can't be that nice since we tend to punch both eyes of someone when he/she punches only one of our eyes. Jesus was raising the bar even more than what they understood of the law.

What then is the message? Jesus was telling us we can't be holy by our will. Following all the laws of Old Testament will not only be impossible but will not also make us holy. Thus Jesus fulfilled all those laws FOR us. Now we just abide in Him, remain in Him by devoting ourselves to know the word of God and The Holy Spirit will guide us to love God and others. We can't love God and others by our will. We are sinful humans, but only when we submit to His authority, He will make us holy when we don't even know it took place. We can't bear the fruit. God will through us.

If you are not Christian and this all sounded weird to you, I at least encourage you to get interested in Jesus and hopefully you will find the truth.

As for your recommendation, I think learning martial arts and being careful are all good things especially if you are trying to protect your family. But also know, God will protect you and your family if you ask for He wants no harms to all people. 

The Joy of the Lord.

Be not grieved and depressed, for the joy of the Lord is your strength and stronghold.  Nehemiah 8:10

Joy is closely connected to our expectations (what we think and believe). In other words, the more you expect good things to happen to you, the more joy you will have. What are you expecting right now? If you are expecting nothing, that is probably what you will get.

Don't look to the world to form your hopes, dreams, and expectations, because even if you get them, they won't be fulfilling. Look to God, who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above and beyond anything you could possibly imagine (see Ephesians 3:20)

Expect him to do great things in your life, not because you deserve it, but because he is good!

Are you struggling with anxiety and worry? Let me encourage you with these words from the bible.

I am strong, courageous, and firm; I fear not and not in terror, for it is the Lord my God who goes with me; He will not fail me nor forsake me.    Deuteronomy 31:6

In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.    Psalms 86:7

Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.    Psalms 139: 23-24

All the days of the desponding and afflicted are made evil [by anxious thoughts and forebodings], but I have a glad heart and a continual feast [regardless of circumstances]. Proverbs 15:15

My worrying and being anxious will not add one unit of measure (cubit) to my stature or to the span of my life.
Matthew 6:27

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:33-34

But the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. Mark 4:19

I am not anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, I present my requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guards my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7

I cast the whole of my care [all my anxieties, all my worries, all my concerns, once and for all on him, for he cares for me affectionately and cares about me watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7

Worship Song ~ Into Dust by Mack Brock. You can click on the image below to listen to the song.

Panda said:
Are you struggling with anxiety and worry? Let me encourage you with these words from the bible.

I am strong, courageous, and firm; I fear not and not in terror, for it is the Lord my God who goes with me; He will not fail me nor forsake me.    Deuteronomy 31:6

In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.    Psalms 86:7

Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.    Psalms 139: 23-24

All the days of the desponding and afflicted are made evil [by anxious thoughts and forebodings], but I have a glad heart and a continual feast [regardless of circumstances]. Proverbs 15:15

My worrying and being anxious will not add one unit of measure (cubit) to my stature or to the span of my life.
Matthew 6:27

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:33-34

But the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. Mark 4:19

I am not anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, I present my requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guards my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7

I cast the whole of my care [all my anxieties, all my worries, all my concerns, once and for all on him, for he cares for me affectionately and cares about me watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7

I worry time to time also, but definitely am doing less and less as I've discovered through The Bible and also experience in life how He always guided me to His path that all my life will be in His control.

I'm very positive every step of my life is directed by Him and if there is any good, it's all from Him. There is failure and hard times also, sometimes out of my sin and sometimes for His training purposes, but "we know that for those who love God all things work together for good for those who are called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

Even through our mistakes, He works good in our lives.

I try not to sin anymore by worrying but trying to focus to love God and His people in His guidance through the Holy Spirit.

jamespark_design_28.jpg

God Care For You and Wants to Comforts You.

When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and delivers them out of al ltheir distress and troubles. The Lord is close to those who are of a broken heart and saves such as are crushed with sorrow....

Psalms 34:17-18

I believe God mourns with us when we suffer a great loss. After all, when Jesus taught us to pray, He told us to call God "Abba" which is best translated as "Daddy." What daddy doesn't ache when his little boy comes home defeated after striking out at his little league game? What mother doesn't feel her own heart break as her little girl comes home from school having been taunted on the playground? In the overall scheme of things, these are tiny losses and hurts, and the parent knows that. But the pain of seeing your child suffering is piercing nonetheless.

Immediately after teaching the disciples to pray what we know as the Lord's Pray, Jesus asked, "What man is there of you, if his son asks him for a loaf of bread, will hand him a stone? Of if he asks for a fish, will hand him a serpent? (Matt. 7:9-10). In other words, because he is our father, God suffers when we suffer. And while he could change our circumstances in an instant, more often than not, He doesn't. But when he sees his child suffer, he suffers too.

When you are feeling loss and sorrow, ask God to hold you in the hollow of his hand, to whisper his comfort and to stroke your head, like a parent fussing over his fevered child. You may or may not feel that comfort , but God's Word is true, and so is He.

I wanted to share this beautiful Worship Song from Danny Gokey ~ Tell Your Heart To Beat Again ~ You can click on the image below to listen to the song.

depression.jpg

May these verses from the bible strengthen you, heal you and give you hope during this difficult time that you may be facing.

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you, he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.  Psalms 34:15-17

Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God for I will yet praise him. My Savior and my God.  Psalm 42:5

I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. Surely he will save you from the frowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
Psalm 91:1-2.

But you, Lord are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
Psalm 3:3

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.
Psalm 40:1-3

I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me. When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands and I would not be comforted.
Psalm 77:1-2

Because he loves me, "says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.
Psalm 91:14-16

I arise from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept me - I arise to a new life. I shine am radiant with the glory of the Lord, for my light has some, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon me!
Isaiah 60:1

But God, who comforts and encourages and refreshes and cheers the depressed and the sinking, comforted and encouraged and refreshed and cheered me.
2 Corinthians 7:6

I humble myself under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt me in due time.... casting all my care upon on him, for he cares for me.
1 Peter 5:6,7

Back