Ethnicities of TI users

What ethnicity are you?

• SE Asian (Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Filipino, etc.)

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • South Asian (Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, etc.)

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Caucasian/European

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • African/African-American

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Latino

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Middle-Eastern/North African

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other (Native American, Eskimo, Pacific Islander)

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
paydawg said:
Just curious.  I'm guessing the TI contributors are probably at least 75% SE Asian.

China, Korea, and Japan are in Southeast Asia??  I guess it really doesn't matter... they all look the same anyway.  Even SoCal thinks TI is 99% Chinese.

Southeast Asia is composed of eleven countries of impressive diversity in religion, culture and history: Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.

From online source. :)

I want to know who the second Latino is and how come the haven't had my back in the racial wars.

Sellout :)

Apparently TI is "44.4"% Latino/African American. That number should scare away all the FCBs  ;)

(The quotes and bolding are for Perspective)

Generally speaking:

East Asian:  "CJK"  (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
East Asia:  China (Hong Kong & Macau), Taiwan, Mongolia, Japan, North Korea and South Korea.
Indochina:  Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar (Burma), Thailand, Vietnam, and West Malaysia
SE Asia:  Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar (Burma), Thailand, Vietnam, East/West Malaysia;  Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, East Timor, & Brunei.
South Asia:  Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.

Note that nation of origin and ethnicity may differ.  For example Singapore is in SE Asia, but has 74%-75% ethnic Chinese.  Taiwan is in East Asia but has significant SE Asian residents from Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, and Malaysia.  There are more Indonesians living in Taiwan than the US.

bones said:
[Raises hand] I'm the third amigo!

2-Three-Amigos-quotes.gif

momopi said:
Generally speaking:

East Asia:  China (Hong Kong & Macau), Taiwan, Mongolia, Japan, North Korea and South Korea.
Indochina:  Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar (Burma), Thailand, Vietnam, and West Malaysia
SE Asia:  Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar (Burma), Thailand, Vietnam, East/West Malaysia;  Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, East Timor, & Brunei.
South Asia:  Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.

Note that nation of origin and ethnicity may differ.  For example Singapore is in SE Asia, but has 74%-75% ethnic Chinese.  Taiwan is in East Asia but has significant SE Asian residents from Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, and Malaysia.  There are more Indonesians living in Taiwan than the US.

What about West Asia? It's a pet peeve of mine that people say "Asian" to refer to a subset of Asia. For example, Israel and some of Russia are in Asia. I guess it's like people saying "American" to refer to a subset of the 2 American continents.
https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/countries-of-asia.html

tim said:
momopi said:
Generally speaking:

What about West Asia? It's a pet peeve of mine that people say "Asian" to refer to a subset of Asia. For example, Israel and some of Russia are in Asia. I guess it's like people saying "American" to refer to a subset of the 2 American continents.
https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/countries-of-asia.html

What do you mean by West Asia? (Be specific)

Back