Ellwood homes

this is one of the weirdest/funniest thread ever. it sounds like its par for the course on the board though.

i can't really fathom how a builder's project being delayed can be so offending (or appearing to anyways) to a non-buyer.

anyways here's the reasoning behind the delay from the other thread:

capboba said:
it sounds like you're frequently visiting BP so why not just head in the office and ask the sales people? its not like its some great big secret and I suspect other buyers are being updated/informed on this too.

anyways long story short they seem to have ran into an issue with the framing contractors and so it just sat in that phase forever, essentially delaying all phase 1-2 homes while others are built up around them.

the other ellwood buyer already chimed in on his estimated closing date change.. ours is delayed by an additional month too. i hadn't thought too much about it as i took the initial estimate with a grain of salt given it was too optimistic, and we're fortunate to not be impacted as we're flexible.

it sounds like only 1-2 buyers are in a pickle which is unfortunate/unacceptable - basically one buyer is ready to move in a month ago but they're now stuck. the whole thing seems serious enough that they'll invite buyers out to a meeting to discuss time horizon and other details, so I suspect they'll address other concerns there (and hopefully make good somehow to those heavily impacted).

to add, the meeting is with some regional manager/president since its definitely impacting more than a few buyers. but last i stop buy they've got things going again and half of phase 1 should close end of the month.  i'm not sure if i'd want to deal with moving in while the rest of BP/Ellwood builds up around you, but again not everyone is lucky with flexibility and what not.

Back