Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

Here is what mine looked like when I went up there. Its still being constructed, though much further along now.

I do like the idea of tin-can phones.

Attachments

• 13148257_10101282240876000_2073958976_o.png
    13148257_10101282240876000_2073958976_o.png
    213.4 KB · Views: 476
  • 13184614_10101282240920910_952912148_o.png
    13184614_10101282240920910_952912148_o.png
    157 KB · Views: 413
  • 13199431_10101282240711330_1462895571_o.png
    13199431_10101282240711330_1462895571_o.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 377
Ellwood is coming along well. In next 5 or so months, all escrows will close (hopefully).

We can almost start a guessing game of when and at what premium(discount) first resale will come on the market.

oceanmonkey said:
Anyone has done the back yard yet? Saw some of the house has trees planted already. Cost?

Neighbor did the basics, 7k, another forum member did theirs too, but not sure of the cost.  Nothing crazy, just some plants along the side, drip system, pavers. 

Last thing I need to do is landscaping...I haven't talked to anyone to get quotes or even know what I want yet. 

akkord said:
oceanmonkey said:
Anyone has done the back yard yet? Saw some of the house has trees planted already. Cost?

Neighbor did the basics, 7k, another forum member did theirs too, but not sure of the cost.  Nothing crazy, just some plants along the side, drip system, pavers. 

Last thing I need to do is landscaping...I haven't talked to anyone to get quotes or even know what I want yet.

I thought it had to be minimum 5 figures for landscaping?

akkord said:
oceanmonkey said:

7k? Got any pics? I wonder if it's just cement

oceanmonkey said:
7k seems like a good deal. I read a post in here for a tiny tiles paved nothing fancy yard costs 18k.http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,4097.0.html

Ellwood doesn't have large size yard, except few of the Nolan with the slope. Wonder if 10% rule still hold true. If I am paying 1m for detached condo, I probably not going/willing to put another 100k for small yard.
Even people who pay $2M+ put in the absolute minimum in landscaping. There's an owner in the Amelia tract that only has sod, bird of paradise and the required two trees for their front yard.

If you can afford a 2mil+ home you can prob spend more on landscaping. 

For the tiny Ellwood yards, I can't imagine putting in 30-50k...we only need to do our small backyard, front is all HOA.  I can prob take some pics of the 7k yard tomorrow. 

Didn't have my phone with me when I was on the deck of the open house Nolan.  A sloped backyard Nolan was done with basics as well.

Speaking of the Nolan FS, whoever it was that wanted it, has backed out.  It has some hideous tile in the master bedroom, they did the same tile in bathroom, downstairs, and master.  Looks nice in the bathroom, but master?!  :eek:

Dresden215 said:
oceanmonkey said:
7k seems like a good deal. I read a post in here for a tiny tiles paved nothing fancy yard costs 18k.http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,4097.0.html

Ellwood doesn't have large size yard, except few of the Nolan with the slope. Wonder if 10% rule still hold true. If I am paying 1m for detached condo, I probably not going/willing to put another 100k for small yard.
Even people who pay $2M+ put in the absolute minimum in landscaping. There's an owner in the Amelia tract that only has sod, bird of paradise and the required two trees for their front yard.

akkord said:
House on redfin was due to a buyer backing out - family issues.  House was listed by RAH and already has a buyer at that price.  They used existing phase pricing and previous buyer upgrades to price it. 

House would have been a lot cheaper for the initial buyer.
Guess the ready buyer also backed out.  The house has a $50K price reduction

Did you get the plans already approved from the HOA, if so how long did it take, hopefully ours would be closing sometime this week so wanted to get that started ASAP. Plan to keep it "low maintenance" with drippers and pavers only and got a quote for Labor...

akkord said:

For the tiny Ellwood yards, I can't imagine putting in 30-50k...we only need to do our small backyard, front is all HOA.  I can prob take some pics of the 7k yard tomorrow. 

Didn't have my phone with me when I was on the deck of the open house Nolan.  A sloped backyard Nolan was done with basics as well.

Speaking of the Nolan FS, whoever it was that wanted it, has backed out.  It has some hideous tile in the master bedroom, they did the same tile in bathroom, downstairs, and master.  Looks nice in the bathroom, but master?!  :eek:

Dresden215 said:
oceanmonkey said:

akkord said:

same landscaper general contractor we used. they were working on both of our homes at around the same time.

GPN association architecture review board is faster these days than before. there is usually a meeting available where you can meet with them to bring your plans along to get idea and feedback.

agreed on price. anyone spending over 20k unless they're doing significant hardscaping is getting ripped off or has a giant lot. but honestly the only big lot is that sloped nolan mentioned. everyone else is smaller i believe.

I'd love to see any sub 20k backyards.  I am sure it is pretty basic and you wouldn't be sending anyone back there.  Look at some of the smaller Studio H backyards done in 2013 that were 40k for small backyards, which taking in account inflation and market would cost closing to 50k now.    If you are going sub 20k, it's pavers, a rolling grill at best but not something that would probably draw too much attention to.  Even some of those smaller Eastwood backyards aren't bad that have the wood tile and higher trees along the neighbors wall and a large orange umbrella which still cost $30k.

Honestly, if you are spending sub 10k on any of these homes that with upgrades are now close to $1 mil, I think it creates the feel of less buying appeal later one if you choose to sell.

There  is a reason why the models went for 1.2-1.25 mil and the appeal is in the design.  Kind of like buying a Porsche and rockin' Target clothes.  Or buying a 1.5 mil house and having a sofa and a TV with wires dangling to the electrical plug.

capboba said:
akkord said:

same landscaper general contractor we used. they were working on both of our homes at around the same time.

GPN association architecture review board is faster these days than before. there is usually a meeting available where you can meet with them to bring your plans along to get idea and feedback.

agreed on price. anyone spending over 20k unless they're doing significant hardscaping is getting ripped off or has a giant lot. but honestly the only big lot is that sloped nolan mentioned. everyone else is smaller i believe.

FranchisePlr said:
I'd love to see any sub 20k backyards.  I am sure it is pretty basic and you wouldn't be sending anyone back there.  Look at some of the smaller Studio H backyards done in 2013 that were 40k for small backyards, which taking in account inflation and market would cost closing to 50k now.    If you are going sub 20k, it's pavers, a rolling grill at best but not something that would probably draw too much attention to.  Even some of those smaller Eastwood backyards aren't bad that have the wood tile and higher trees along the neighbors wall and a large orange umbrella which still cost $30k.

Honestly, if you are spending sub 10k on any of these homes that with upgrades are now close to $1 mil, I think it creates the feel of less buying appeal later one if you choose to sell.

There  is a reason why the models went for 1.2-1.25 mil and the appeal is in the design.  Kind of like buying a Porsche and rockin' Target clothes.  Or buying a 1.5 mil house and having a sofa and a TV with wires dangling to the electrical plug.

capboba said:
akkord said:

You can get a "standard Irvine backyard landscape" done for ~$20K. Low cost paving covering everything but for a 1'-2' perimeter with a dozen 5 gallon shrubs along the back wall, can be done reasonably.

there is probably a value difference here between the lot size, and what we subjectively feel is "basic"

note that most of these ellwood lots have "backyard" (many are just sideyards) with less than 1,000 sqft - i think many are well below 700 in fact

Ouch prices drop on 154. Although I think builder priced it too high initially with all those upgrade.

20k broker co-op. Now $1,095,999

This price will make it harder for us to price ours out if we end up selling heh

capboba said:
Ouch prices drop on 154. Although I think builder priced it too high initially with all those upgrade.

20k broker co-op. Now $1,095,999

This price will make it harder for us to price ours out if we end up selling heh

I'm seeing price drops. Here and there. (In state out of state)

Back