Ellwood by Richmond American at Beacon Park

oceanmonkey said:
seems the first two phases are completed sold out.

any lucky buyers here to share some insights?

Long time lurker, but I am working with Martin.  I spoke with one of the sales associates yesterday, 2 buyers backed out of I believe plan 3 (Nolan).  She said one buyers backed out b/c they liked plan 2 (Nathaniel) and would wait for one of those in the next phase.  No insight on the other buyer.  I assume they are just going down and calling ppl on the priority list as she said they have a list of 70+ ppl who wanted to buy in this phase.

She mentioned it would most likely be a 20k price increase in the next phase, we'll find out if this is true once the next phase's pricing comes out.  The driveway lots in phase 1 definitely had lot premiums, so I'm going to assume that the price increase will be off the lower priced lots as none of the future lots will have driveways.

I was stating that Asians probably would stay away from plan 3 due to the staircase and bathroom right as you enter into the house, may be why plan 2 seems to be the most popular floorplan in this tract.  She agreed and said if she had a say she would have re-designed it, she noted the architect was Asian...go figure.

akkord said:
She agreed and said if she had a say she would have re-designed it, she noted the architect was Asian...go figure.
The architect is Asian but he apparently designed this tract to form a good balance between East and West: some plans will appeal to Asians, some will appeal to Whites.  This is to prevent an all Asian neighborhood.

Happiness said:
The architect is Asian but he apparently designed this tract to form a good balance between East and West: some plans will appeal to Asians, some will appeal to Whites.  This is to prevent an all Asian neighborhood.

I agree floorplans are personal preference, my wife, who's Asian liked plan 3 more than plan 2, the staircase/bathroom didn't bother her.  And I doubt they'll have trouble selling these even if some Asians avoid that specific floorplan. 

Got some sharp poster here. The only way to guarantee not having a all Chinese monopoly is to strategically design a plan that is less appealing to them. Although the Nolan plan has the staircase at the entry foyer it does not line up with the front door. The  stairs location is setback far enough and no bad Feng shui there likewise the bathroom door is skewed from straight alignment.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Got some sharp poster here. The only way to guarantee not having a all Chinese monopoly is to strategically design a plan that is less appealing to them. Although the Nolan plan has the staircase at the entry foyer it does not line up with the front door. The  stairs location is setback far enough and no bad Feng shui there likewise the bathroom door is skewed from straight alignment.

another way is ask white to send their kids to private and drop the IUSD rating to zero. that will ensure a 100% white dominance. W* trash or not...

I got some Sharpe poster for you:

s1olrt.jpg

man this seems like a very popular product compare to Richmond's other offering at Pavilion Park.

less premium lots with driveways too. hoping i'll be able to see it a bit tomorrow before opening this saturday.

most popular model in phase 1 is all gone though.

I stopped by Ellwood in Beacon Park and asked the sales rep how much the rooftop deck would be and they said $40k for the MidCentury Modern Elevation.  That seems pretty good for the square footage you get up top, plus the view.  Some view lots on the Knolls in Baker's Ranch went for $60k addition on a $600k home. 

You guys think $40k is worth the extra rooftop deck?

FranchisePlr said:
I stopped by Ellwood in Beacon Park and asked the sales rep how much the rooftop deck would be and they said $40k for the MidCentury Modern Elevation.  That seems pretty good for the square footage you get up top, plus the view.  Some view lots on the Knolls in Baker's Ranch went for $60k addition on a $600k home. 

Yes...it's a very popular option for a development in Hollywood that one of my clients bought in.  All the homes with the 4th story roof top decks sold first. 

4th story roof deck will struggle in Irvine. Irvine is not ready for it. In housing Irvine remains quite conservative and less willing to experiment.

USCTrojanCPA said:
FranchisePlr said:

Yes...it's a very popular option for a development in Hollywood that one of my clients bought in.  All the homes with the 4th story roof top decks sold first. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
FranchisePlr said:

Ellwood's rooftop deck is a smart move, no one else is willing to bet on this feature.

oceanmonkey said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
FranchisePlr said:

Ellwood's rooftop deck is a smart move, no one else is willing to bet on this feature.

The rooftop deck is a nice concept, but if you look at the Ellwood community map, those models are all centered in the middle back to back so when you're up there your deck is pretty much up against the other decks. It won't feel as private when they're built out.

Irvine Fanatic said:
oceanmonkey said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
FranchisePlr said:

The rooftop deck is a nice concept, but if you look at the Ellwood community map, those models are all centered in the middle back to back so when you're up there your deck is pretty much up against the other decks. It won't feel as private when they're built out.

i would rather being on the deck and looking down than being in the backyard getting looked at from other decks. these twin peak style decks are ok, not the best.

I think it's spaced far enough that everyone with this elevation will have a decent view

If you're a gamer reminds me of the zombie Dying Light game with the decks.  Watch out for parkour thieves.

The Nolan Modern is the plan that gets the roof deck. There will never be a Nolan Modern plan next to another Nolan modern Plan. It will always be sandwiched by a Nolan cottage and a Nolan spanish on both sides. The deck is not an option for the other 2 styles. Even the back to back condition the Nolan Modern is staggered from another Nolan Modern. Problem solved 18 months ago. Ellwood is strategically in the right spot price point wise. These are not the biggest and most glamorous houses but they are the best houses with character that money can buy compared to the competitions.

Irvine Fanatic said:
oceanmonkey said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
FranchisePlr said:

Back