Eastwood Village Waiting List- How long before you got a call?

blueribbon

Hi.

How long is it taking for Sales to call you to pick a home at Eastwood Village especially the fast sellers Avalon, Helena and Petaluma ?
When and what phase did you get ?
I am on the list , but I haven't got any call yet.
thanks

blueribbon said:
For a month .... There are tonnes of people in line

I would be proactive and constantly check back with the sales office. Which communities are you looking at?

From personal experience my advice is to check in at sales at least once a week. Let sales get to know your name, face, essentially schmooze and become somewhat friendly with them. when you are proactive, they know you are interested and they like you as a person then you are much more likely to move up the list fast and get your preferred home/ lot. It's completely biased and unfair but you have to play the game. I would not just stay at home and wait for a phone call because that may never come.

Paris said:
From personal experience my advice is to check in at sales at least once a week. Let sales get to know your name, face, essentially schmooze and become somewhat friendly with them. when you are proactive, they know you are interested and they like you as a person then you are much more likely to move up the list fast and get your preferred home/ lot. It's completely biased and unfair but you have to play the game. I would not just stay at home and wait for a phone call because that may never come.

In other words, do what it takes to be the next one called?

Paris said:

They will call you depending on your position on the list. Don't "waste your time" hanging out at the sales office.

eyephone said:
Paris said:

They will call you depending on your position on the list. Don't "waste your time" hanging out at the sales office.

not true. We bypassed a lot of people on the wait list (we weren't even on a wait list) because we were willing to give them $$ for the home that day. so if they have a sure fire buyer in front of them they don't necessarily feel an ethical need to go to the next one on the wait list.

Paris said:
eyephone said:
Paris said:

not true. We bypassed a lot of people on the wait list (we weren't even on a wait list) because we were willing to give them $$ for the home that day. so if they have a sure fire buyer in front of them they don't necessarily feel an ethical need to go to the next one on the wait list.

You had money for the home that day. What does that mean?

I'm agree with Paris on this.

The sale staff will try to go by the list in order but as we have seen in the past, they don't really have to.

I got an early offer in phase 1 during Memorial Day weekend because the sale staff can't get hold of several buyers ahead of me and I'm the first person they reached. 

When the new phase just got released and the staff are starting to call people and you are on the priority list, the staff know you well and you just happen to standing in front of them,  wouldn't it be easier for them just offer you a home right on the spot instead of calling some buyer they don't know and possible don't even speak English very well?

lnc said:
I'm agree with Paris on this.

The sale staff will try to go by the list in order but as we have seen in the past, they don't really have to.

I got an early offer in phase 1 during Memorial Day weekend because the sale staff can't get hold of several buyers ahead of me and I'm the first person they reached. 

So the staff called people on the list, but couldn't reach them. But they were able to reach you. Yeah, this is how the process works.

There are exceptions here and there: cash buyers, houses that fall out of escrow, got to sell the house to meet the sales goal for the month or quarter

lnc said:
wouldn't it be easier for them just offer you a home right on the spot instead of calling some buyer they don't know and possible don't even speak English very well?

That is illegal, they can not determine whether or not to sell a house based on if a person can speak English very well. 

eyephone said:
lnc said:
wouldn't it be easier for them just offer you a home right on the spot instead of calling some buyer they don't know and possible don't even speak English very well?

That is illegal, they can not determine whether or not to sell a house based on if a person can speak English very well. 

When you get in a line to buy a house, and the line is obscured, you can bet that there are people cutting it.  Illegal or not, there is no way to prove anything.

So your best bet is like what people are saying above me....be charming & persistent
...& flush with money ready to go.

yep, i've seen several cases where jumping the line happened, and not cash buyer either, people showed up to the sales office, wanting to buy and qualified, and was given the opportunity to purchase even though there's a long list

zubs said:
When you get in a line to buy a house, and the line is obscured, you can bet that there are people cutting it.  Illegal or not, there is no way to prove anything.

So your best bet is like what people are saying above me....be charming & persistent
...& flush with money ready to go.

+1

The sales never openly disclose number of buyer on the priority list and never disclose buyer's particular standing on the list so that the sale office will have some leeway on which buyer gets a home first and which buyer gets a home later. 

Be charming & persistent definitely help with buyer's standing. 

I also disagree with eyephone on "waste of time".

I find new homes sales lists similar to pre school waiting lists... you gotta keep showing up.

It's worked in both cases (although I am a bit scary in person).

Back