Eastwood to have low income housing?

acf

Heard that Eastwood was going to have a whole tract of low income affordable housing. Can anyone confirm, and if so where will this be located within Eastwood?

No affordable housing. :) 

There's entry level attached condo (Avalon) but there's no apartments and no affordable housing at Eastwood.

acf said:
Heard that Eastwood was going to have a whole tract of low income affordable housing. Can anyone confirm, and if so where will this be located within Eastwood?

Affordable housing is the trailer park across the street, it's called The Groves.

lol. I have lived in woodbury for 10 years and I haven't noticed one trailer. I don't think this is an issue. Funny though.

soysen said:
acf said:

Affordable housing is the trailer park across the street, it's called The Groves.

OC_relocation said:
Eastwood is probably the best location in East Irvine.

Please back up that statement with an example, whats special about east IR? Sorry, i just moved to Portola, so trying to learn it all about this insanely-awesome-over-hyped-super-pricey city of IR.

Also, how many of would you vouch that a single level condo (1544 sq ft) will sell out for 550k? I think the 1343 square feet might be listed at 550k

https://www.irvinepacific.com/eastwoodvillage/avalon?utm_source=01132016&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EA002

Eastwood definitely is one of the better locations to come out in quite awhile.

It is close yet far enough from the 5 freeway(subjective).

There are several cookie cutter shopping centers located within a few minutes drive.

It is also centrally located near schools.

Not too north and not too south in Irvine itself.

B2FiNiTY said:

There are several cookie cutter shopping centers located within a few minutes drive.

Not too north not too south?

Isn't the northernmost location in that area of Irvine? It's not anywhere near the south. Are u new to the area?

qwerty said:
B2FiNiTY said:

Isn't the northernmost location in that area of Irvine? It's not anywhere near the south. Are u new to the area?

For new homes it is more 'central' than say BP or Portola.  Cmon qwerty, it has a Del Taco nearby, 24 hrs no less.  That alone is worth it.

ps9 said:
qwerty said:
B2FiNiTY said:

For new homes it is more 'central' than say BP or Portola.  Cmon qwerty, it has a Del Taco nearby, 24 hrs no less.  That alone is worth it.
qwertaco is a Taco Bell man... too far from his breakfast wraps.

But considering all of Irvine (including the Spectrum business area), BP is probably more "central" than Eastwood.

Eastwood just feels too slummy right outside the towers.  You have the mobile home park across the street and a very old run down condo complex adjacent on Irvine Blvd. 

OH is a much better location and feels more upscale all around.  Prices at Eastwood are looking a bit high if you ask me.  2,033sq ft detached home from the low Millions? 

Nearly $500/sq ft on a small lot and no upgrades.  Who do they think they are Laguna Unicorna or something?

Mobile home, old condo and close to the entrance to the dump, and JOST isn't that close/across the street (probably too lazy to walk there vs living in SG). 
But it's new, far away from freeway noise and pollution, great schools. MR lower than GP.
Tipping point would've been the price, but it seems like they're holding the pricing similar to BP.

Initial prices seem too high, but than again, what are Laurel's entry price (I think every Laurel is $1M up as well, correct)?  That said, with a slower market, I'd have thought they'd be careful. I guess you never know until actual pricing comes out. 

If you want a non Irvine alternative (but close), Toll Brothers has 2400-266 sq ft stuff 900-950K (no mella) on 4-5K lots.  Greenwood has Huntley at high 900's to 1,050's for larger homes (with mella).  Not sure how much at all TIC considers those things and obviously the difference in value for each person is what it is. 

Speaking of Laurel, drove by CV the other day, also realize that EW would be sardine packed the same way, so that's another negative.

Pre qual coming up soon, hopefully the prices will to, otherwise it'll be an odd situation. 

Back