Eastwood Swimming pool information

acf

Guys, I can't seem to get an answer from the Eastwood reps. Maybe someone here knows.

I currently live in Woodbury and I love using the JR Olympic lap pool. It's deep enough to dive into and has lanes with buoy barriers to separate the lanes. You dont have to worry about really small kids pooing in the pools while you're swimming (which I have experienced in the other pools around woodbury). It's there for people who are dedicated to swim laps.

I'm interested in moving to Eastwood, and they tell me that Eastwood will have 2 JR Olympic pools, but I am trying to find out:

1. How deep they are (Deep enough to dive?)
2. Will at least one of them be set up as a dedicated lap pool with lanes/buoys, or will they both be turned into kids pools?

Anyone have any info on this? Sounds crazy that something so small would be a potential deal breaker, but once you're used to having a great amenity, it's hard to go backwards.

95% likelihood that neither of those pools will be reserved for lap swimming.  The Woodbury lap pool is a thing of beauty, I swam in Woodbury before the lap pool was even open.  I'd swim nights and my biggest annoyance was punk kids hanging out at the pool or teens making out in the jacuzzi.

Once the lap pool opened, I didn't have to deal with that anymore.  I still miss it.

Oh and just between you and me, if you sell your Woodbury home, you only need to,give the buyer 1 of the fobs ;)

thanks for the post. I'm so glad someone else appreciates that lap pool as much as I do. Ugh!!

can anyone confirm the pool situation in Eastwood?

You should be more concerned about living near a cell tower than worrying about how deep a pool is.

Get your priorities straight people!

Thanks Inc. As worried as I am about cell towers, I think this just proves that we've all been living near cell towers this whole time. I live around Nature street in Woodbury, and it looks to be about the same distance from a cell tower as Petaluma is to the cell tower in Eastwood. It's not good, but in modern society is there any getting around?

acf said:
Thanks Inc. As worried as I am about cell towers, I think this just proves that we've all been living near cell towers this whole time. I live around Nature street in Woodbury, and it looks to be about the same distance from a cell tower as Petaluma is to the cell tower in Eastwood. It's not good, but in modern society is there any getting around?

I know everyone has different priorities in life and everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs.

My opinion is that yes, in this day in age there are a lot of people living near cell towers. Some closer than others. Just because they live near a tower and show no signs of any ill effects today, it doesn't mean it's safe. It's about cumulative effect over time. If I have a family, I wouldn't take the risk of exposing them especially if I have young children.Because there are no definitive studies about living near a cell tower, I would constantly question myself if I made the right decision. And its not a matter of if, but when there is a definitive study. Imagine if the study show cell towers cause cancer. How would that make you feel about exposing your loved ones to that let alone what it will do to your property value. Too much risk if you ask me.

And yet no issue with having cell phones in your daughter's laps? What if the radiation emitted causes birth defects? Maybe no one knows about it now but.............................. same reasoning.

It's CLOSER to you than a tower.

Plenty of people sleep near their cells, some even keep it near their head and pillow.

The point being............. if you are worried about the tower why aren't you worried about your children's dna exposed to cell phones close to their bodies for many years while they are walking around?

Ready2Downsize said:

Plenty of people sleep near their cells, some even keep it near their head and pillow.

The point being............. if you are worried about the tower why aren't you worried about your children's dna exposed to cell phones close to their bodies for many years while they are walking around?

Keep in mind power/radiating levels from a phone set is significantly less than from a cell tower. It's like arguing that living next to your 110v outlet is the same as high power lines. Doesn't make sense.

soyi said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Keep in mind power/radiating levels from a phone set is significantly less than from a cell tower. It's like arguing that living next to your 110v outlet is the same as high power lines. Doesn't make sense.

keep in mind that radiative power drops off at distance cubed.  so yes, sitting next to a 110v outlet is similar to sitting 1/4 mile away from a 10k volt power line

(any EE feel free to correct my bad math!)

Ready2Downsize said:

I would highly suggest you google "dangers of living next to cell towers" and come up with your own conclusion after some reading. Again there are no definitive studies, but why risk it if you don't have to.

Exactly and the same thing can be said about cell phones. So if you are worried about the towers, why not add cell phones to your list?

remember the poorer your reception, the more power your phone has to transmit. with that said, most likely your phone will be in wifi mode when you are at home, vs. the cell tower that will blast at MAX power 24/7. sure the distance matters, but if you can avoid it, avoid it.

or spend 2k for anti-radiation insulation package.

You can't avoid coming into contact with something that causes cancer. Most of the time it's not even known why someone got the type of cancer they did. If they did, there would be a whole lot more lawsuits.

The California Court Company said:
remember the poorer your reception, the more power your phone has to transmit. with that said, most likely your phone will be in wifi mode when you are at home, vs. the cell tower that will blast at MAX power 24/7. sure the distance matters, but if you can avoid it, avoid it.

or spend 2k for anti-radiation insulation package.

Agreed!

Back