Dunkin' Donuts to open in Irvine (Jeffrey/Irvine Ctr Drive)

ps99472

Was looking for new home developments at the city of irvine site and came across Dunkin' Donuts instead.

So looks like they will open a shop/drive thru at the old dry cleaner place that closed earlier this year.  It faces Jeffrey, close to Four Sea (http://www.irvinevillagecenter.com).  Per the article, looks like the city will not permit them to open 24/7 and will have hours of 5am to 11pm Monday thru Sunday. 

Attachments

• Dunkin' Donuts.PDF
    760.1 KB · Views: 289
Just curious, which one do you guys like more, Krispy Kreme or Dunkin?

I'll welcome any of them in Irvine but if I have to pick, I'll go with Krispy Kreme. 

lnc said:
Just curious, which one do you guys like more, Krispy Kreme or Dunkin?

I'll welcome any of them in Irvine but if I have to pick, I'll go with Krispy Kreme.

Dunkin has better coffee.  Many prefer it to Starbucks.

I'm from the state with the most DD and I think their coffee is pretty nasty. But those munchkins sure do bring back happy elem school birthday memories.

bones said:
I'm from the state with the most DD and I think their coffee is pretty nasty. But those munchkins sure do bring back happy elem school birthday memories.

Been to the one in Mission Viejo.  The coffee is not very good but their iced espresso is decent and not too expensive. 

My brother is a Card Carrying DD Cult Member, even though he's from California. Introduced me to the Mission Viejo DD when it opened. The coffee products were better than expected, several notches above Winchells, but the donuts were underwhelming.

There has to be something in the food to have created so many fans. Just haven't found out what it is yet.

My .02c

When we were in CT, the DD in the plaza around the corner was always busy.  DD has a huge following in CT and i can only remember one time that the DD drive through was empty, including nights over four years...

A 24-hour Dunkin' Donuts is coming to Irvine

Dec. 7, 2015 Updated 9:47 p.m.

Dunkin' Donuts is bringing its coffee and popular Boston Kreme treats to Irvine.
JOHN BAZEMORE ASSOCIATED PRESS
By NANCY LUNA / STAFF WRITER

Irvine residents craving a Boston Kreme doughnut at 3 a.m. are in for a treat.

In an usual move for the master-planned city, Irvine city officials have given the green light on a Dunkin? Donuts with a 24-hour drive-through lane. The Planning Commission approved the chain?s application to open at 15415 Jeffrey Road.

The East Coast giant had originally requested a 24-hour operation for walk-in customers, as well. However, the commission approved round-the-clock hours for cars only during a Nov. 19 commission meeting.

Dining room hours will be 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. It?s unclear when the doughnut shop will open. The chain could not be reached for comment.

Dunkin? Donuts plans to open 1,000 locations in California. Nearly 200 are in the works for the greater Los Angeles area. Earlier this year, Orange County?s first Dunkin? Donuts opened in Laguna Hills. That shop is 24 hours. A second shop opened in Santa Ana at 100. S. Harbor Blvd.

A third one in Westminster was the last one to open this year.

Besides Irvine, other Dunkin? Donuts locations are slated for the cities of Yorba Linda and Villa Park.

Register staff writer Sarah de Crescenzo contributed to this report.

Contact the writer: nluna@ocregister.com

irvinehomeowner said:
Wonder why they can't be walk-in 24 hours as Donut Star is open 24 hours.

#IWouldKnow

Maybe it's because it backs up right into a residential neighborhood.

I worked at a busy 24 hour Winchell's before drive-ups (yes, they used to be big and there weren't other chains at that time). Night shift consisted of ONE worker who made the donuts (usually a woman) and also manned the register (for the few people who came in, half of which were policemen who got free coffee........... specifically so we would have police cars parked in front of the entrance frequently).

We were never robbed but several other stores were. I imagine it's a safety issue.

Not to be rude, Iho, but I just wonder what you're doing wandering into doughnut stores in the middle of the night.

I'm surprised the company even wanted the dining area open 24 hours. By shutting it down and just keeping the drive-through open, not only is it safer for the employees and safer to the community... no hooligans loitering about *cough*Iho*cough*... but you can also run a skeleton crew. It makes more sense economically, especially since I don't think that shopping center is a big night-life spot with tons of foot traffic.

SoCal said:
Not to be rude, Iho, but I just wonder what you're doing wandering into doughnut stores in the middle of night.
C'mon... that's like wondering what qwerdollar is doing at a Viet coffee shop or what ps9 is doing at a seafood restaurant in the middle of the night.

#builditandtheywillcome

...Viet coffee shops around OC doesn't open 24H...

And I'll still take Tim Hortons over DD.

Back