Dow?

There's also a MooYah that's supposed to open on the corner of Alton/Jeffrey, which has a McDonald's so not sure how that's going to go.

Only been to that Smashburger on Alton twice for to go orders, both times not very busy.

qwerty said:
morekaos said:
ps9 said:
SHAK doing well in its IPO, never had it before?  Is it like In N Out?

By the way this is not a good sign either. It reminds me of Krispy Kreme ::)

i never thought i would say this, but it does seem like to many new burger joints are popping up. Smashburger at the Culver/Alton plaza doesnt seem to get a lot of business.

agree.  that G burger (?) at marketplace is also dead.  honestly, when i want a burger (which isn't even that often), I just go to in and out.  Cheap and I know what I'm getting each and every time.  No surprises. 

bones said:
agree.  that G burger (?) at marketplace is also dead.  honestly, when i want a burger (which isn't even that often), I just go to in and out.  Cheap and I know what I'm getting each and every time.  No surprises.

We really liked G burger, eventhough some of us were not meat eaters but ultimately like everything else unless it is cheap (relatively speaking) it is not  going to survive

I was alluding to both the trending of foods like doughnuts, frozen yogurt, coffee shops and bagel vendors and their tendency to go public at the tail end of a market run. Krispy Kreme went public in April of 2000. A month before the markets cratered...just and old timers observation

Probably dive in for AAPL on Monday, good time to pick up before the gigantor iPad hits the news in March. 

ps9 said:
Probably dive in for AAPL on Monday, good time to pick up before the gigantor iPad hits the news in March. 

I don't think that's going to move AAPL. If you know about any future ipad news, so does everyone else including the market. And actually, iPad sales have actually been decreasing and only accounted for 12% of their revenue for Q1.

I think what will continue to propel AAPL forward are the number of iphones selling in China. Total iPhone sales account for 69% of their revenue. There will probably be a bump this month leading up to Feb 19th their new year holiday.

I hope GILD rips it up today!  On the oil front, how do you guys feel about WHZ?  WTI seems to be making a comeback and I'm curious if the long term div payout would be worth the fixed cost risk.

3F500A58-B0F0-4B9A-92E4-6A4D1E4C72BD_zpsrgdkenp7.png

I like that smile :)

About 108 right now after hours

ps9 said:
Tarmacpro said:
ps9 said:
3F500A58-B0F0-4B9A-92E4-6A4D1E4C72BD_zpsrgdkenp7.png

I like that smile :)

About 108 right now after hours

I'm not expecting much.  I think back in July they demolished the consensus and still the stock dropped.

Looks like you're right, dropped 5% after hours :(

I think that dividend is significant though.  It now opens the door for the multitudes of mutual funds to now accumulate GILD which should drive the demand higher.

Ughh, got caught with GILD... so how about YUM earnings today?  qwerty?  this should be your specialty :)

ps9 said:
Ughh, got caught with GILD... so how about YUM earnings today?  qwerty?  this should be your specialty :)

I'm still trying to figure out how to become CFO, chief food officer, of Taco Bell.

Back