Dow?

Compressed-Village said:
And the FED have not even raise one itty, bitty, ounce of rate increase.

It?s a long way down from here, I am afraid.

I think if things don't improve, FED will step in. They've seen how things can really start rolling downhill fast and cause recessions.

Amazon has gone nowhere for a year and a half, just up and down. Either creating a top or base for jump higher. If it drops, could see $2000-$2100.

I remember 2000. Things I thought would never happen in my lifetime happened in months, so I'm not ruling out how bad things COULD get. Doesn't mean it has to but it could.

Ready2Downsize said:
Compressed-Village said:

I think if things don't improve, FED will step in. They've seen how things can really start rolling downhill fast and cause recessions.

Amazon has gone nowhere for a year and a half, just up and down. Either creating a top or base for jump higher. If it drops, could see $2000-$2100.

I remember 2000. Things I thought would never happen in my lifetime happened in months, so I'm not ruling out how bad things COULD get. Doesn't mean it has to but it could.

Bezos would not let Amazon drop below 3000. He needs money to support his latino gold digger wh0re.  They may announce stock split and raise Prime membership fees in next earning call to attract retailed investors.

Ready2Downsize said:
Compressed-Village said:

And we assume and think that the all powerful FED can raise a wand and makes things good again. The FED may have already commit to a policy errors raising rate while the economy begins to slow and won?t tame inflations at the same time. I have little confidence given the past history and remarks done by JPowell.

I still think buy a farmland, your primary residence, hard asset is a good hedge even where we are today. When you factor in 15% inflation rate vs long term mortgage rate at 4%,
I am getting pay for owning the loans in real term.

BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Compressed-Village said:

Bezos would not let Amazon drop below 3000. He needs money to support his latino gold digger wh0re.  They may announce stock split and raise Prime membership fees in next earning call to attract retailed investors.

But they let Rivn drop.

Never say never. When everyone wants out, the door gets very narrow.

I still think if things escalate, the FED steps in.

Compressed-Village said:

Markets are currently pricing in the rate increases as we speak. By the time they actually raise rates, it will have already been priced in.

sleepy5136 said:
Compressed-Village said:

Markets are currently pricing in the rate increases as we speak. By the time they actually raise rates, it will have already been priced in.

Thing is, even though it's already priced in, the market still acts shocked when it actually happens.

I do recall after the dot com crash the fed cut rates aggressively, yet the broader indices kept tanking, and took 7 years to recover. 

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
Compressed-Village said:

Thing is, even though it's already priced in, the market still acts shocked when it actually happens.
Markets react negatively on uncertainty. By the time the fed starts hiking, it will not be as volatile as now unless some other event occurs. The volatility has been crazy the past 1-2 months because Powell did a complete 180 by throwing away the transitory word and became hawkish. Unless another event comes up that was not already priced in, markets will be able to take a 0.25% increase without issues.

People need to chill and not act like the world is ending because a correction is happening. Healthy markets do not go up like a hockey stick. But I?m afraid the past 3 year returns has gotten people to think otherwise.

What you may not remember is that in 1998 there was a big move down in stocks (it's hard to see because of the dot com bubble that happened afterwards makes it hard to see. Nasdaq lost almost 30% and this was not at a time when we saw stocks go up and up and up for years. It took back a lot of gains quickly). There was talk of it being like the great depression. Hubby got laid off then. It was huge for us because we had just bought our forever home. The market correction was short (I think maybe end of July or sometime in August to October) but it was deep and showed no signs of turning around.

Greenspan cut rates bigly and that led to the dot com bubble. (that's when Hubby got the Geocities job and then two internet start ups). I can't remember but I think he might have tried to raise at first but when dot com burst he cut but the bubble was burst and once that happened it couldn't be stopped. Housing had already started to go up nicely after he cut rates in response to the OC BK but he continued to cut because of the stock market mess which led to the housing bubble.

That is why I think if this correction gets going the fed is going to step in again and why I think it could lead to new highs and that will be the time to get out especially for older folks who don't have a lot of time left to recover before they need that money. Eventually the Fed will realize (whether they admit it or not) they have made a mess of things trying to fix things and it's only led to the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer and the U.S. becoming a bail out nation and there is a price to pay like happened with Volker and it's not going to be pretty.

BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Compressed-Village said:

Unless Bezos is BUYING stock, how is he going to prevent it from dropping under $3000? He only sells stock.

Broke that more than one year support so we'll see if it's just a fake out and back up or several $100 to go. My guess is down from here.

Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Compressed-Village said:

Unless Bezos is BUYING stock, how is he going to prevent it from dropping under $3000? He only sells stock.

Broke that more than one year support so we'll see if it's just a fake out and back up or several $100 to go. My guess is down from here.

Light support at $2795 or so if not, it has little till the $2500 area.  Back to 2020 prices.

morekaos said:
Ready2Downsize said:
BlackKnight said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Compressed-Village said:

Light support at $2795 or so if not, it has little till the $2500 area.  Back to 2020 prices.

I'm wondering if Biogen will hold the range it's been in for 9 YEARS. They have that ridiculously expensive alzheimer's drug. I think they've got things coming off patent so they really need a new source of revenues.

sleepy5136 said:
eyephone said:
Tomorrow might be green to fake out and turn red after that.
(idk)
time in market > timing the market. all day, any day. people are so fixated in timing bottoms. who knows what will happen tomorrow or the day after or YE. buy in increments when there is fear and you will be glad. Look at May 2021 and March 2020.

Anyone buying? Is the fears here yet?

Compressed-Village said:
sleepy5136 said:
eyephone said:
(idk)
time in market > timing the market. all day, any day. people are so fixated in timing bottoms. who knows what will happen tomorrow or the day after or YE. buy in increments when there is fear and you will be glad. Look at May 2021 and March 2020.

Good thing I did not buy when people were telling me to buy. Meanwhile I am making money with my alternative investment. (It has risk as it is not backed by the fdic or any other institution)

*** Also, I am not paranoid when someone tried to get my identity. How would you like when someone tried to get your identity? Then that person comes back with a fake financial #. I will continue to post this until you acknowledge this since you think I am paranoid. (Comment made in another thread)

eyephone said:
Compressed-Village said:
sleepy5136 said:
eyephone said:
(idk)

Wonder if the Pelosis sold those leaps. LOL! If they did, can't buy for 30 days or the wash sale rule gonna get them. In that case I bet they change the law to allow more than a $3000 carryforward loss from that.

Good thing I did not buy when people were telling me to buy. Meanwhile I am making money with my alternative investment. (It has risk as it is not backed by the fdic or any other institution)

*** Also, I am not paranoid when someone tried to get my identity. How would you like when someone tried to get your identity? Then that person comes back with a fake financial #. I will continue to post this until you acknowledge this since you think I am paranoid. (Comment made in another thread)

eyephone said:
yup quote it
Last time I checked alternative investments were 1000% legal
lets go!!

In case anyone doesn't know, circuit breaker is 7%. I don't think we're getting there. 4200 on the SP was my target for the sell off but when everyone tries to get out of the door at once....

Back