Do I need a permit?

I52Irvine

Hello, we have a in ground spa that is around 30 years old and has been out of commission for 15+ years.  The gas has already been disconnected and capped off and equipment removed.  We've recently been thinking about what to do with it some ideas are punch holes in the bottom for drainage and fill it with dirt and make a flower bed or maybe build a deck to cover it.  We heard that we maybe need a permit if we want to fill it with dirt.  Is this true?  Our goal is to cover it but we want to keep costs down.  TIA!

Any reccomendation son who can do this would be greatly appreciated.  I'll also check the list of contractions post.

I'm not sure that landscapers would be interested in this small job, but then again neither would pool companies.  If you hire a small time guy he probably won't be familiar with the permit process.

You can try Savannascapes (www.savannascapes.com), they did my landscaping and procured all the permits and dealt with the inspectors directly, so at least you know they'll do that part correctly as they do inspections and permits in Irvine multiple times per month.

Back