Disneyland Annual Passes

The also changed the rules for Club 33 so that your guests will have to pay park admission to eat at Club 33 with you.

Disney should have bought Star Trek instead of Star Wars, and rename Disneyland to Ferengi Land.

Happiness said:
Disney should have bought Star Trek instead of Star Wars, and rename Disneyland to Ferengi Land.
They don't have to rename it, we already know it's Ferengiland.

I can't imaging spending so much money just to deal with crowds and long lines.

#SaddestPlaceOnEarth
#MyKidsThinkIDontLoveThem

Not worth it even for 50 dollars a day one day pass. In the end you will spending alot of money just to watch people.

But that still not stopping people from coming. Dummy.

Compressed-Village said:
Not worth it even for 50 dollars a day one day pass. In the end you will spending alot of money just to watch people.

But that still not stopping people from coming. Dummy.

Go on Weekdays except Friday. Lines are shorter.
It's the experience for little kids and others.

eyephone said:
The lines are still long... just not super long.

I think the only time lines are reasonably short is when it rains... and like Tony Toni Tone says, doesn't happen in SoCal.

When I was a little kid, going once a year or once every several years was good enough... I still don't see the appeal of going multiple times (once per week?) a year.

Actually my experience is the lines are shortest time wise on the busiest days and during peak summer time.  They're fully staffed up with all lanes open.  During the summer, with the park reporting 90 on the crowd index, we would walk on to Autopia in 5-10 minutes.  Labor day hit and the park is at 70crowd and the wait is 25 minutes for Autopia.

That said, $700 to over $1000 is a stunner.  Granted, it
S $849 if you're willing to give up the last two weeks and first weekend of 2016.

Sadly, DL is also talking about surge pricing during the days, so busy days (holidays and weekends) will have increased day admission prices.

So now the question is do you buy annual pass or just plan a real vacation?  What's $4000 buy a family of four for vacation?

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
The lines are still long... just not super long.

I think the only time lines are reasonably short is when it rains... and like Tony Toni Tone says, doesn't happen in SoCal.

When I was a little kid, going once a year or once every several years was good enough... I still don't see the appeal of going multiple times (once per week?) a year.

Yes, I agree on the once a year theory. (Like I previously mention, previous post)

I bet if you compare Saturday lines to rides and Tuesday lines to rides. The wait time will be longer on a Saturday. Exclude summer, spring break, winter break, and night time.

Of course the lines are shorter when it rains.

at least the 800 dollar one gives you parking.  That was really the only reason I got the premium as they didn't sell the P by itself when I bought in April.  I won't even go during holidays or the break time.

From a company perspective, I understand the demand was high. I believe some days they reached capacity, and had to turn people away. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

The way I see it, there are a lot of options for activities besides Disneyland.

When I had an annual pass, we made an effort to go to Disneyland to get our monies worth.

I've had Disney annual passes for years and love going there just to hang out when there's nothing to do. This time around I'm not going to renew because I notice huge crowds even on weekdays. I haven't been on one of the bigger rides in a while because every time I go, the line is ridiculous. If the wait for Pirates is 40mins+ consistently, then it's not worth it. I hope this price increase will calm the crowds a bit in the upcoming years. I miss being able to go to the parks after work, hop on a few rides, and go home. Now...it takes me forever to get to the park AND the ride lines are too long.

I'll be back maybe a year after Star Wars Land opens?

happytales said:
I've had Disney annual passes for years and love going there just to hang out when there's nothing to do. This time around I'm not going to renew because I notice huge crowds even on weekdays. I haven't been on one of the bigger rides in a while because every time I go, the line is ridiculous. If the wait for Pirates is 40mins+ consistently, then it's not worth it. I hope this price increase will calm the crowds a bit in the upcoming years. I miss being able to go to the parks after work, hop on a few rides, and go home. Now...it takes me forever to get to the park AND the ride lines are too long.

I'll be back maybe a year after Star Wars Land opens?

yeah i understand the price increases.. that's what happens when you put out a fantastic product that is loved by many. 

When do people have time to deal with disney on a regular basis?  Between work, school, activities, sports, birthday parties, family functions, errands, etc.....

bones said:
When do people have time to deal with disney on a regular basis?  Between work, school, activities, sports, birthday parties, family functions, errands, etc.....

That's the kick. With an annual pass. Going to DL can take as little time as going out to dinner. In fact with an AP that's how you use it, short little three hour bursts at the park. Maybe you go over first thing in the morning in Sunday. Maybe you pack pbjs up and head over at lunch for a few hours or maybe you eat a quick meal at home in a weeknight and head over to see fireworks

nosuchreality said:
bones said:

That's the kick. With an annual pass. Going to DL can take as little time as going out to dinner. In fact with an AP that's how you use it, short little three hour bursts at the park. Maybe you go over first thing in the morning in Sunday. Maybe you pack pbjs up and head over at lunch for a few hours or maybe you eat a quick meal at home in a weeknight and head over to see fireworks

Yea, that's how all these mommy friends try to sell me on the pass too, but it still sounds like a lot of work and a total time sucker.  But I guess at the end of the day, it's what you prioritize.  I personally don't feel the need to treat my kids to the happiest place on earth many multiple times a year.  But obviously the demand is there or else there wouldn't be all this hoopla over price increases and rule changes.

We've got the aquarium of the pacific, San Diego zoo, DL, but frankly DL is the one the kids enjoy the most. Me too way less hassle and headaches than the others.  Be trying to figure out a way to use mass transit to either SD or LA zoo but both seem to involve more time on transit than at the zoo

Maybe that's my problem, I'm just not a membership type of person. Even got rid of Costco recently and no longer belong to a gym. We had passes to the aquarium of the pacific at some point. Used it once all year and had to squeeze in a second trip right before it expired to get my money worth.  Legoland is probably the only one I would seriously consider but only if it was in Irvine :)

I just can't get into it anymore. The crowds. The heat. The crowds. The waits. The crowds. The lines. The crowds. The inconvenient parking. And have I mentioned the crowds? I guess it sucks being an O.C. native because I remember Disneyland when you could park right in front of the gates! Did the annual passes in high school+. Not too bad when it's just you and a group of friends your age or when you're on a date. Fast forward to now and it's such a P.I.T.A. especially with kids along. I kind of feel bad for saying this because I've been told by bigger Disney fans than myself that it's a huge dream for many people, but usually when we go for Club 33, I feel like, "Do I have to?" And that's when everything is free! I seriously can't imagine paying for it. I do suck it up and do it every now and then for the kids' sake but it's just not the same as it used to be. Once every 5 years or so would be more than plenty for me. I think it's sad -- the park used to be fun back in the day. 

After Disney hiked prices, some snag annual passes for old prices at Disney Stores

Oct. 7, 2015 Updated 5:30 p.m.

BY JOSEPH PIMENTEL

Disneyland raises annual pass prices, introduces $1,000 pass, and discontinues Premium pass
What's the strategy behind the increase? How and why Disneyland looks to balance its crowds with new passes
Slideshow: Your guide to the quickest way to get on Disneyland's most popular rides
The Register's Disney site: Check out features, news, interactive maps, schedules, ride guides and more
ANAHEIM ? Disneyland?s price hike of annual passes Sunday morning didn?t include Disney Stores, as it turns out, and those outlets didn?t stop selling the old passes until Tuesday.

A Disney official said that occurred naturally during the transition.

Some quick-minded fans, many whose passes were about to expire, purchased annual passes good for Disneyland and Disney California Adventure for the old price at at least several Disney Stores; there are 46 in California.

?I literally jumped up and went straight to my Disney Store in West Covina,? said Claudette Bristol, owner of the Cookie Cutter Booh-tique, after she found out Sunday via social media.

Disneyland raised annual pass prices by as much as 17 percent and discontinued the popular $779 Premium Annual Pass with no blackout dates.

Annual passes good for entry into both Disneyland and Disney California Disney Adventure now range from $329 to $1,049 for the pass now with no blackout dates, the Signature Plus.

Rumors, spurred by at least one unofficial Disney website, began to swirl late Saturday night on social media that Disney was preparing to raise annual pass prices.

A line gathered in front of the Disney ticket booths at 11 p.m. Saturday as people renewed or bought new annual passes before the hike, said Jeff Reitz, who purchased a new Premium pass that night.

Bristol said workers at a Disney Store in West Covina didn?t know about the price hike ? she told them. The 39-year-old bought two Premium passes and a $299 Southern California Select pass, saving about $570.

Bristol and others took to social media sites to spread the word. Jennifer Holecek, 48, of Riverside, said she went to a Disney Store in San Bernardino and saw people lined up and even a quarrel over a Premium pass.

Bristol purchased four Premium passes Monday night and also found out her passes ? once activated ? will be automatically upgraded to the $1,049 Signature Plus pass that comes with a PhotoPass, or unlimited digital-photo downloads.

The passes sold at the Disney Stores can be activated through Dec. 31, 2016. So someone with a pass expiring in, say, six months could wait until then to start using the new one for a year.

Joey Seymour of Huntington Beach drove to Oceanside on Monday to get her three Premium passes, after she said the local Disney Stores in Orange County sold out.

?What it came down to was saving $810,? the 35-year-old said. ?It was worth the extra hour of driving.?

Wednesday afternoon, deals apparently could still be had.

Premium passes, each purchased for $779, were available on eBay for $879 and for $925.

irvinehomeowner said:
Also... too many homeschool kids there... which also means less vaccinations... which also means...

#EmEeAyEsElEeEs

True, cant agree with you more. People jumping now to grab old price.....Go figure...I don't get it.

Back