Dining in Irvine, unless you eat at old people times, you'll have to wait

We basically eat out on weekends...way to relax and enjoy things that we like. 

We generally eat whatever is easy to prepare on weeknights with an occasional outing.

paperboyNC said:
Normally we eat at home 5 out of 7 days a week. We've been eating out more this past week and haven't encountered a wait anywhere.

But yea - we usually get dinner early.

Great I'm waiting for paperboys table, eat faster! :)

paperboyNC said:
Normally we eat at home 5 out of 7 days a week. We've been eating out more this past week and haven't encountered a wait anywhere.

This weekend was pretty good cause a lot of people were out of town but we went to Meet Fresh on Sunday night and there was a line out the door.

ps9 said:
paperboyNC said:

Great I'm waiting for paperboys table, eat faster! :)

Better for you if we get to the restaurant before 6 than if we get there at 6:45 :)

A lot of times we're ready to go and it takes 15-20 to get the check, give the credit card and get the signature page back. Sometimes I consider skipping the tip because of the sllllllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwww process.

paperboyNC said:
A lot of times we're ready to go and it takes 15-20 to get the check, give the credit card and get the signature page back. Sometimes I consider skipping the tip because of the sllllllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwww process.

this is why sometimes after we get our food i just give the waiter our card so he can ring it up and bring back the check and just fill out a tip when we are done and see how the service was.

ps9 said:
After a long day at work, the least I want to worry about is food.  I want delicious and I want it now.  Wife works full time, don't expect her to cook and don't really want her to cook ( :) ).  Takeout is not bad after you factor in the leftover for lunch the next day. 

A slow cooker (or, as in my case, a vast arsenal of every slow cooker known to man) is the solution to all of your problems!!! I consider myself somewhat of an expert in this arena. Let me know if you want to talk. I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve. I have cooked dinner religiously nearly every night during all stages of life ranging from working FT to part-time evenings (away when dinner is served & must be not too hard / "man-friendly" to serve) to staying home to give child & baby FT attention. I am like you, if I am busy all day, when I come home, I just want to stick a fork in something ready to eat. That is totally doable. "A stitch in time, saves nine."

As I type, I have a really good homemade spaghetti sauce cooking low & slow in my 1.5 quart mini Proctor Silex slow cooker for tonight's dinner.  :)

qwerty said:
One place she really likes is THH in Tustin. It's a sandwich place like lees but has more types of food as well. I don't know the names though. And they have her beloved Vietnamese coffee.

I love THH!  Steak sandwich is well worth the money!
It is off of Newport.

I went to 101 Noodle House and there was a line!  I was pretty shocked that I had to wait. 

The two nice waitresses made up for the wait, haha.

Coleman said:
qwerty said:
One place she really likes is THH in Tustin. It's a sandwich place like lees but has more types of food as well. I don't know the names though. And they have her beloved Vietnamese coffee.

I love THH!  Steak sandwich is well worth the money!
It is off of Newport.

I went to 101 Noodle House and there was a line!  I was pretty shocked that I had to wait. 

The two nice waitresses made up for the wait, haha.

Love 101 Noodle.

Back