Devilicious Dougnuts

null_zps53f175e9.jpg

Free donuts! Somebody is gonna get trampled... Leave small animals and kids at home :)

Tyler Durden said:
^^^Finally another OC weekly reader here... I was thinking that Coleman and I were the only folks on TI who were interested in that magazine....

Sorry to disappoint. There are still only 2 of you.  :) Someone else sent me the link.

So the girl told me Sept 13... and I go this afternoon thinking it won't be crowded because who buys donuts in the afternoon.

Well... it wasn't crowded at all... because it's still NOT open. Bleh.

So I think they opened last week.

Went by to try... and well... not too impressed.

Any donut store can probably do the same thing... and they were expensive. Cheapest was $1 (glazed) and went up to $3 or more for the fancies.

I'll admit the cronuts at Donut Star are more expensive at $3.75 but now that I know Whole Foods has them cheaper... that's were I'll go.

They were out of most of the "good" flavors by the time I got there. I wanted to try an Apple Fritter and an Oreo one... but ended up with just a Red Velvet... which was okay.

irvinehomeowner said:
So I think they opened last week.

Went by to try... and well... not too impressed.

Any donut store can probably do the same thing... and they were expensive. Cheapest was $1 (glazed) and went up to $3 or more for the fancies.

I'll admit the cronuts at Donut Star are more expensive at $3.75 but now that I know Whole Foods has them cheaper... that's were I'll go.

They were out of most of the "good" flavors by the time I got there. I wanted to try an Apple Fritter and an Oreo one... but ended up with just a Red Velvet... which was okay.

i tried a glazed cronut from Donut Star on alton, it was good, but not as good as the cronut from the Fusion Tea Bar in Tustin on Newport.  i wont even dare to try the cronut at whole foods. i tried some cinammon rolls there once that were absolutely awful, if they cant get cinammon rolls right which are essentially all sugar there is no way they get a cronut right.

We tried going there last about a week ago around 7pm.  Their website says they're open until 10pm.  Got to the plaza and drove around looking for it.  And around. And around.  Finally asked the guy at the coffee place if he knew where it was.  We drove past it a dozen times.
  • It was closed
  • There was no light or visible sign
  • There was just a badly written note taped to the window saying they ran out of donuts at 11am and closed!
  • Tried calling and the phone just rang with no machine/message.[//li]

What the hell?  I could almost understand if this was the first location, but they've had the MV shop for a while and this shop had been open for a couple of weeks.

Don't see them lasting long with this horrible (lack of) management AND the high prices.

That center is the suck for parking.

I don't think things bode well for that Devilicious, esp with a 24-hour Donut Star (w/ cronuts!) a couple of blocks down Jeffrey.

Back